What does everyone think of the line up then?

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: What does everyone think of the line up then?

Post by bounce08 »

THE BANSHEE CHAPTER trailer just got released..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x71h5gIlO-E

That part with the weird human/creature face through the tubing is awesome.

Officially my most anticipated film now, however I won't be able to see it at FF as the Monday is the only day I can't attend due to work, so gutted!
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

That totally sucks missing anything at FFest for work! Its a Bank Holiday no one should have to work unless they are in critical occupations. You can see a trailer on youtube for Banshee Chapter 3D. It looks really good. Im seeing this IF THE CINEMA BOOKING SYSTEM STARTS TO FLAMING WORK ! ! ! ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Trying to order my tickets today and the system says everything is sold out even though I rang as soon as they came on sale. Im sorry but the people who are manning the phones are a bit slow on the uptake so although a call costs 10 per per min which isn't that bad you might find that your call will bankrupt you if you are not very careful. AHHHHHHHHHH I KNEW DOING THIS ON THE PHONE WOULD BE A BLOODY PAIN !!!!! :(

I don't want to go to Leicester Square to do this in person NO NO NO

(Breeeeathe slowly Sam, just breeeeeeathe)
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

OK I just came back from Leicester Square and got 2 Festival Passes with seats next to each other. All that sweating on the tube was worth it in the end. Was going to buy singles but it was better value in the end to get the passes, especially as there were lots of seats at the very back allocated to F P holders. I got as far back as KK. Wasn't aware that you could get passes for the back bit. Single tickets are only available at the edge of the screen - thats a bit poo, so a pass is better. When I bought them previously I thought they were always allocated to the seats downstairs - I could be wrong. Anyway will remember that for next year! Mission accomplished :green:

LESSON LEARNT: Just go there and get them in person, its soooooo much easier and don't be a mong like me and forget to take a cold drink on the tube :s Not great for people who do not live close to Leicester Square like I do (my journey was quick but still grim - it was too hot) and especially those who live outside of London.

Over the phone I was told that there were no festival passes left, but I thought nah, don't trust the 'puters and asked when I got there and :D they had a couple.

Now I may stay for I Spit On Your Grave 2 and Cheap Thrills after all to get the most out of the pass despite the night bus.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

Just to pile on with the other peeps on here, gutted that Contracted has been moved. My train back home clashes with that. :evil:
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

London needs to be a 24 hour city like NYC. We need 24 hour trains so we can do stuff after 11.30 - its so annoying. Its not as if we wouldn't be paying for it and through the nose as usual too.

Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Won't happen, this is why so much railway engineering work takes place at night times. Theres so much to do and catch up on to make it run well during the week that there has to be a closedown time.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bounce08 »

Wow, funny how expectations completely flip after viewing trailers.

I WAS looking forward to HAUNTER but the trailer has totally put me off.

On the flip side I really didn't fancy ANTISOCIAL but the trailer blew me away and now I'm gutted I can't catch it.

Also THE BANSHEE CHAPTER is officially my most anticipated film after YOU'RE NEXT following the trailer.

So my most anticipated are:

THE BANSHEE CHAPTER
YOU'RE NEXT
ANTISOCIAL
THE DYATLOV PASS INCIDENT
IN FEAR
CHEAP THRILLS
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

bounce08 wrote:
I WAS looking forward to HAUNTER but the trailer has totally put me off.
Yeah, it doesn't look great, hopes really aren't high after that trailer - reminded me a lot of that crappy The Pact film from last year, and the acting looked cheesy as hell; would be very surprised if that one turns out to be any good, but who knows.

Painless on the Discovery screen 2 looks like it's going to be the better option, but I think the demand for Discovery screen films is going to be pretty massive this year, and it might be very tough to get tickets to some.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

Thats true they need to make up for all of those years that they didn't adequately maintain the tube system. Well when they have caught up I hope they pull their fingers out and give us a late night service. Doesn't even need to be 24 hours, Up to 2.30am would be better than nothing. Could watch the last FFest movie and still catch the tube home.

I am so glad I watched as many trailers as I could find, because it changed my viewing schedule and made me see the discovery movies in a different light.

I wasn't interested in seeing Cheap Thrills that much from the blurb for it, but when I saw the trailer I thought "Hmmm that looks pretty good"

Im getting that run up to FFest feeling coming over me now :)

BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

I totally agree about the popularity of the Discovery Screen movies this year. It is going to be mighty difficult to get into see some of these. Worst comes to the worst - Chinatown is round the corner and we can have a meal until the next movie comes on. Thats why we need a chill out room somewhere in the empire where peeps can go and sit (with screens showing horror movies of course with the sound off) and music playing and comfy seats .....Once youve stood around in Leicester square and completed food missions a quick sit down would be quite nice. I doubt it would empty the foyer as people will always be milling around seeing films at different times and buying their 'food' if you can call it that!

I've just noticed I keep asking for things ! lol

:green: