PDF Timetable

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Re: PDF Timetable

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

It's all becoming too much for me! can someone help me sort out how i can do the quiz/watch the grief tourist, see Holliston AND see THE GUEST in the discovery screen all at the same time? :(

There's a beer and a plate of cheese in it for you. ;)
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Just to chuck another spanner in the works and just before the single tickets go on sale on Saturday there has been another little revision of the times for the films in the main screen on Sunday 25th.

Ian
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

iomega wrote:Just to chuck another spanner in the works and just before the single tickets go on sale on Saturday there has been another little revision of the times for the films in the main screen on Sunday 25th.

Ian
No probs- have updated my version again: http://benj.com/frightfest

BTW, there's still a time typo on http://www.frightfest.co.uk/frightfestfilms.html - it says The Demon's Rook on Sat 24th starts at 11.40am, but I think should be 10:40am (if the individual film page is to be believed) otherwise you have a serious overlap problem with the following film :)
AlessaDark
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by AlessaDark »

I must admit I'm pretty upset about what's happened with the short films. I love the short film showcase, it's one of my highlights every year and on occasion one or more of the films have been in my top 5 of the fest (eg the amazing To My Father and Mother in, I think, 2010). Admittedly, this way more people will see them, but as a short film fan, if I want to watch all of them I have to ensure I'm there for the film they are showing in front of - tricky when you have a competitive multi-track festival, and even more difficult for the ones on the Disco screen - as you have to queue for these tickets in the morning even if you have a weekend pass. Also, I'd be tempted to pick up Disco tickets for an interesting-sounding short, where I'm not that bothered about the film after, thus depriving someone else of a seat :(
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Your going to love me. The programme has just been redone again, hopefully for the final, but one time. Between you and I, I would wait till Friday afternoon for the newsletter before updating any PDFs again. You will understand why we have made the changes then. Also, note the name change of the Grief Tourist. This has been renamed Dark Tourist.

Ian
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DeanoG »

By the way Benj, your planner, is great, I have been using it and changing my line up constantly, well done, superb job !

Happy with the latest raft of changes as I should be able to see Wither now ( if I can get up to London early enough in the morning to score those discovery tickets ).

10 discovery films that I would love to see, means sleepy queue every day for me :D
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

DeanoG wrote:By the way Benj, your planner, is great, I have been using it and changing my line up constantly, well done, superb job !

Happy with the latest raft of changes as I should be able to see Wither now ( if I can get up to London early enough in the morning to score those discovery tickets ).

10 discovery films that I would love to see, means sleepy queue every day for me :D
So glad you're finding it useful :) It's also bang up to date (as of Ian's last change announcement several hours ago at least!) as it's no great hassle to accommodate the schedule changes.

And you're seriously telling me there's a sleepy queue for the Discovery screens? Cripes- I thought all that early morning queuing was over as of getting the weekend pass :(
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

benj wrote:And you're seriously telling me there's a sleepy queue for the Discovery screens? Cripes- I thought all that early morning queuing was over as of getting the weekend pass :(
It's not that bad. Early bird gets the worm and all that. :)
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

DJBenz wrote:
benj wrote:And you're seriously telling me there's a sleepy queue for the Discovery screens? Cripes- I thought all that early morning queuing was over as of getting the weekend pass :(
And in some cases, early bird gets the boiled eggs, good ham and non warm cheese and good bread at the HHH breakfast bar too! :D
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:
DJBenz wrote:
And in some cases, early bird gets the boiled eggs
Isn't that cannibalism? :o
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

Just to keep you all posted, I've updated the online planner to include the extra screenings on Saturday and Monday.

I check in the updates whenever I can but feel free to post here to let me know if there's any extra screenings I've not yet added.
johanger
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by johanger »

Hey guys,

I do like your fancy interactive timetable - well done! But I like to have a timetable on paper in my pass holder so I don't have to turn my phone on and this time I've made it a fold up with all the disco. films too. I tend to wing it and mainly watch the main screen films. If you're a purest and only watch the main screen films then you can cut out the first panel and it fits nicely into the holder. There's space on the last page where you can make a note of the extra screenings if you want to.

You can get it on pdf from my home page; http://johanger.co.uk/home/

I can't believe it starts tomorrow! #excited!
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

johanger wrote:Hey guys,

I do like your fancy interactive timetable - well done! But I like to have a timetable on paper in my pass holder so I don't have to turn my phone on and this time I've made it a fold up with all the disco. films too. I tend to wing it and mainly watch the main screen films. If you're a purest and only watch the main screen films then you can cut out the first panel and it fits nicely into the holder. There's space on the last page where you can make a note of the extra screenings if you want to.

You can get it on pdf from my home page; http://johanger.co.uk/home/

I can't believe it starts tomorrow! #excited!
Fantastic job! Hopefully with just one day to go it's safe to say this is now going to be accurate and no changes to the programme (although I shouldn't speak too soon!) Perfect size for the pass holder too. I love the interactive one as it has extra features (showing which films are reshowing elsewhere at other times for instance) but sometimes a hard copy is what you could do with - it doesn't run out of batteries for one thing!

Nicely done.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

johanger wrote:I do like your fancy interactive timetable - well done! But I like to have a timetable on paper in my pass holder so I don't have to turn my phone on and this time I've made it a fold up with all the disco. films too.
That's fair enough. They're both separate things really- the interactive timetable can also be printed off from the link in the top right corner (at which point it becomes considerably less interactive) and shows only what you've selected as wanting to watch- a bonus of this being it can also tell you roughly how long you have between screenings. Yours is definitely handier for when you can't manage to get a ticket for a Disco screening you'd banked on getting (which is a regular occurrence in my experience!)

P.S. You don't presently seem to have the extra screenings in there :(