Parking

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Parking

Post by STun » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:00 am

Is it true that if you have a Frightfest Pass, you can get discounted parking nearby?

I live just a bit too far out in Greater London that I always end up missing the late night movie.

STun
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Parking

Post by zappa fan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:46 am

I'm sure that Ian can let you know what the plan is for discount parking this year.
LAST FILM- Deadbeat at Dawn ***
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." - The Mighty Frank Zappa

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey

DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:41 am

viewtopic.php?p=58711#p58711
Just to let everyone know that we are working on reduced price parking again this year. We couldn't do it last year as the Olympic Authority had booked out the complete car park at the bottom of Panton street. We have also worked out a deal where you can get 50%, yes 50% off of food at the Leon Brussels restaurant about 5 mins walk from the cinema.

There will be more info on both of these and others things as we get nearer the festival.

Ian
There hasn't been an update on that yet, but I'm sure the info will be forthcoming. :)

STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks guys

iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:25 am

We will get the full details on this at our next meeting with the Empire Cinema, which is at the end of July.

BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:04 pm

I wasn't aware of discounted parking at all. Would be tempted to drive up every day just to have the luxury of getting home in 20 minutes in the car as all of the movies I am seeing start from 6ish most days and 4.15 and 1.15 earliest. I will be looking out for any further info closely. :)
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!

iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Final Car Parking details

Post by iomega » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:00 am

I can now confirm details of the FrightFest Car Park Promo.

From Thursday 22nd Aug to Monday 26th Aug INCLUSIVE at the Whitcomb Street Car Park FRIGHTFEST TICKET HOLDERS can park for a discounted rated of £10 Per Day (normally £5 per hour).

To claim this offer, Frightfest Ticket Holders will;

1. On arrival at the Car Park you be issue with a standard WHITE entry ticket.
2. Take the WHITE entry Ticket with them to the Cinema and exchange for a YELLOW Single Day Ticket at the Box Office for the price of £10 (FF Ticket will need to be shown).
3. There is no need to validate the YELLOW ticket at the PAY POINT, simply insert the ticket into the barrier on exit.
4. The above process will need to be carried out for each individual day.

There you go. A big FrightFest sloppy kiss to Empire for organising this for us, maybe not, but a big heart felt hug definitely.

Ian.

DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:59 am

Incredible deal for central London.

In case anyone needs it, here's a Google Maps link to the Whitcomb Street Car Park.

sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:49 am

THANK YOU, Ian!

Jimmer
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Jimmer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:02 am

Thank you SO MUCH for sorting this, guys. :)

STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:05 pm

Amazing! Thanks for organising this. Is it a small car park or big out of interest. I wont be rocking up till just before the chucky movie on thurs night.

DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:39 pm

STun wrote:Amazing! Thanks for organising this. Is it a small car park or big out of interest. I wont be rocking up till just before the chucky movie on thurs night.
It's a multi-storey, reasonable size. I used it on the last day a couple of years ago and there were plenty of spaces.

The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:22 am

Brilliant news Ian! It's great that the Empire have managed to keep it at the £10 price after the Olympics put a damper on it last year. I honestly thought it would have gone up a bit if it was brought back this year. So many thanks again for getting this sorted. Roll on the late night films and goodbye Mr. Night Bus :D

BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:25 pm

A tenner for the whole day! BARGAIN !!!! Thanks very much.

:green:

Woohoo HOME IN 20 mins. Musnt forget to pay the congestion charge though if driving on Thu or Fri and before 6.00pm! :p

Check out the TFL 'Congestion Charge Made SImple' PDF if you need info on paying the fee.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!

The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:33 am

BabyJaneHudson wrote:A tenner for the whole day! BARGAIN !!!! Thanks very much.

:green:

Woohoo HOME IN 20 mins. Musnt forget to pay the congestion charge though if driving on Thu or Fri and before 6.00pm! :p

Check out the TFL 'Congestion Charge Made SImple' PDF if you need info on paying the fee.
Thanks for the reminder! Forgot all about that. Although it's only on Thursday and Friday so it's still a top deal when split over the whole weekend, and amongst my fellow passengers. That said, I gave Norman J Warren a lift home a couple of years back. So if he or any other local cult directors are looking for a cheap option home after the late film then I'm open to offers... five quid miminum booking fee ;)