Discovery Film Recommendations

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Discovery Film Recommendations

Post by DJBenz »

sdaveak47 wrote:So for the discovery screen is it queue up before 10:00 am for tickets or I've got no chance?
Tickets start to be issued at 9.45am so you'll need to be there before that. It's a lottery TBH, if you're trying to get tickets for a popular film, then you'll need to be there early. If it's less popular then you might be lucky enough to grab one later in the day.

It's worth keeping checking though, even if you miss out. If people change their minds some of them are good enough to tell the ticket desk so their ticket will become available again.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

sdaveak47 wrote:So for the discovery screen is it queue up before 10:00 am for tickets or I've got no chance?

I was planning on watching Outpost (I know shoot me) and Clophill on the Friday & Wither Sunday night but I'm not massively keen in queueing up early again for something I've already paid for.

I was up for watching Stalled but already sold out twice
There are 3 showings of Stalled currently scheduled; one on Saturday and two on Monday (as far as I'm aware). Also, they've only sold out for regular tickets, but there should still be some available in the morning for weekend ticket holders to queue up for. Not sure how many there will be available though.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
foster twelvetrees
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by foster twelvetrees »

So many I want to see but it'll be down to clashes and whether I'm up early enough.

Top 5.

Stalled- zombies in a toilet... Cool.

Rewind This- feeling all dory eyed about my misspent youth and FF do a nice line in docs.

Wither- Evil Dead anyone?

For Elisa- tbh looks pretty spooky. And I'm a sucker for being spooked!

Paranormal Diaries: Clophill - sounds like they've done some interesting things with form. Sounds like the Blair Witch documentary ( which I actually preferred to the movie)

Also fancying Painless & Willow Creek but think they may clash...
"Mister Twelvetrees, I beseach you..."
"You beseach yerself mate, I'm off!"
foster twelvetrees
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by foster twelvetrees »

So many I want to see but it'll be down to clashes and whether I'm up early enough.

Top 5.

Stalled- zombies in a toilet... Cool.

Rewind This- feeling all dory eyed about my misspent youth and FF do a nice line in docs.

Wither- Evil Dead anyone?

For Elisa- tbh looks pretty spooky. And I'm a sucker for being spooked!

Paranormal Diaries: Clophill - sounds like they've done some interesting things with form. Sounds like the Blair Witch documentary ( which I actually preferred to the movie)

Also fancying Painless & Willow Creek but think they may clash...
"Mister Twelvetrees, I beseach you..."
"You beseach yerself mate, I'm off!"
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

AlessaDark wrote: The American Scream is on US Netflix at the moment, it's a lovely documentary, fun & heartwarming.
As is Hansel & Gretel: The 420 Witch aka Hansel & Gretel Get Baked. (on Netflix, not a lovely, heartwarming documentary).
sdaveak47
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by sdaveak47 »

Meanbobs wrote:
AlessaDark wrote: The American Scream is on US Netflix at the moment, it's a lovely documentary, fun & heartwarming.
As is Hansel & Gretel: The 420 Witch aka Hansel & Gretel Get Baked. (on Netflix, not a lovely, heartwarming documentary).
It's a bit of a stinker tho'
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

Wither or willow creek? Deciding for tonight.
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?