No Pheonix!

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
NorthernEclectic
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

No Pheonix!

Post by NorthernEclectic »

Just saw this tweet:
Alan Jones ‏@alanfrightfest
@PaulWhile @Film4FrightFest @phoenixartistcb The Phoenix have withdrawn their support from FrightFest this year, just so you all know.
That's pretty sad news. Will there be a new official venue? Does anyone have any other late drinking recommendations? I can only think of the Players Piano Bar in Waterloo...I have limited tolerance for soft rock piano balladeering...but maybe they could get some synths in for the occasion?
digitalsoul
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: No Pheonix!

Post by digitalsoul »

Well I'm going to Electric in Brixton after Saturday screenings for a night of Detroit techno till 10Am. Anyone is welcome to join me! :eek:
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

OMG! :eek:

The Phoenix has become a FF institution. Where are they going to hold the Monday night wrap party?
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Well that's just disappointing. :o :(

The phoenix and Frightfest go together like ama lama lama
ke ding a de dinga a dong
remembered for ever like
shoo bop shoo wadda wadda yipitty boom de boom

That's going to make the evenings/mornings placid and boring. :(
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Panic possibly averted?

@Film4Frightfest tweeted (in response to tweets about the lack of Phoenix):
Nothing is fully decided yet, hang tight and we'll let you all know soon what's happening.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

DJBenz wrote:Panic possibly averted?

Nothing is fully decided yet, hang tight and we'll let you all know soon what's happening.
Hopefully something will be officially arranged, but up until yesterday I believe that it was still everyone's expectation that the Phoenix would still be happening. Doesn't give that long to arrange another place, but it is London; there are more than a handful of bars around! I'm sure we can arrange something, just as there is an 'unofficial' pre-festival drinks bar that we all go to, we can probably come up with an unofficial post-film watering hole.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

You would think that FFers bring in a good footfall over the week we are there and this enhances profits the Pheonix make, unless there some others business wranglings going on?
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Not like we get a discount, just a great (PACKED) venue till the early hours
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

ArghZombies wrote:
DJBenz wrote:Panic possibly averted?

Hopefully something will be officially arranged, but up until yesterday I believe that it was still everyone's expectation that the Phoenix would still be happening. Doesn't give that long to arrange another place, but it is London; there are more than a handful of bars around! I'm sure we can arrange something, just as there is an 'unofficial' pre-festival drinks bar that we all go to, we can probably come up with an unofficial post-film watering hole.

The captain's cabin is still open? i remember reading that they were trying to close it due to developemnt work near by? Thank god it's still there. I go to the phoenix for a pre-pre festival drink around 5ish on the thursday. nice and quiet and can just chill. let's hope it does change it's mind. i'm too pumped up after the last film/ on the monday if i watch the last film to go too sleep! :D
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:

The captain's cabin is still open? i remember reading that they were trying to close it due to developemnt work near by? Thank god it's still there. I go to the phoenix for a pre-pre festival drink around 5ish on the thursday. nice and quiet and can just chill. let's hope it does change it's mind. i'm too pumped up after the last film/ on the monday if i watch the last film to go too sleep! :D
Dunno if it's still open, I'm not local so I don't keep up with London bars. I guess I just figured it'd be business as usual again this year, but maybe not.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Been once and found it a bit of a dive tbh
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

FrightFesters,

There is nothing to worry about here. There has been a little misunderstanding, which is getting sorted out. Look forward to normal service being resumed.

Ian
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Phew! thanks Ian.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey