Child's Play Trilogy Screening before Curse of Chucky

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
refuseliam
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Child's Play Trilogy Screening before Curse of Chucky

Post by refuseliam »

SPECIAL ONE-OFF Child's Play TRILOGY SCREENING WITH Don Mancini & Chucky INTRODUCTION | WEDNESDAY 21st AUGUST 19:00 at The Prince Charles Cinema in London | Tickets: http://ow.ly/nFsoz

Ahead of Universal Pictures UK’s release of Curse Of Chucky on both DVD and Blu-ray October 21st, we're pleased to announce that Chucky creator DON MANCINI and his friend 'til the end will be paying us a visit to introduce a very special screening of the CHILD'S PLAY TRILOGY.

CURSE OF CHUCKY, which takes place after the events of Child’s Play 1, 2 and 3, will have its European Premier at Film4 FrightFest the following evening at 9pm on Thurs 22 Aug. Tickets can be ordered here; http://ow.ly/nFseQ
Add me on Facebook (I'm a social networking whore); http://www.facebook.com/refuseliam
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Child's Play Trilogy Screening before Curse of Chucky

Post by scoutthehorizon »

How did I know you'd be ALLLLLLL over this, Liam. Fingers crossed on being able to make it :D
mytwocentsfilm.wordpress.com

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

I am so all over this and have just booked my ticket and an extra night at HHH. Seeing 1+2 up on the big screen is going to be LEGEND...wait for it...DARY! :D
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

£17.50 is great value for all three movies ! Im not going to see them as I watched the first one not so long ago and I want to get some good kip in the day before the festival starts.

Would be great to watch all 3 back to back though :)
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

I spent last week watching all 5 movies, one a day. I'd only ever seen Bride and Seed before so it was great to see the original trilogy for the first time.

Going against the reviews, I though the 3rd was actually the best of the bunch as the story was the most interesting of the lot of them (although they're all pretty much the same film really).

Anyone else have a favourite, or do you all love them equally?
Twitter: @ArghZombies
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

ArghZombies wrote:I spent last week watching all 5 movies, one a day. I'd only ever seen Bride and Seed before so it was great to see the original trilogy for the first time.

Going against the reviews, I though the 3rd was actually the best of the bunch as the story was the most interesting of the lot of them (although they're all pretty much the same film really).

Loved the first one (re-watched it recently as well). Surprising how well it still stands up with the simple animatronics, especially when Chucky first goes into one with Catherine Hicks!
Liked 2,3, and Bride, but not to the same extent as the original.
Seed tested my patience, I have to admit...

I do remember the absolutely ridiculous scare-mongering and victimisation of "Childs Play 3", which was incorrectly linked and used as a scapegoat for the James Bulger murder.
Absolutely appalling and made me ashamed to be part of the British Public, with rags like the Sun and Mail literally calling for VHS copies to be burned in the streets in 1993!
These national disgraces were STILL printing articles quoting this cobblers and linking this film to that atrocity up to 2010! Minus any evidence that the murderers had even seen it of course...
To be honest, Don Mancini deserves a medal for carrying on with the franchise and stepping foot back into Britain, after what he had to put up with from British media... :x
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

^^^
Anecdotal, but I remember they showed Child's Play 3 on Sky Movies once and I shit you not, in the description it actually said "once linked to a real life murder"

That Sky and The Sun, owned by the same guy.

Sometimes you can't make up hypocrisy when the moral outrage is at its highest.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

ArghZombies wrote:I spent last week watching all 5 movies, one a day. I'd only ever seen Bride and Seed before so it was great to see the original trilogy for the first time.

The first one is a classic, I love it, but I need to refresh my memory on number 2 and I never watched the third one so Im going to watch them before Thursday.........roll on the 22nd ! :D
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!