The Demon's Rook

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

The Demon's Rook

Post by morralex »

Anyone see this. It was amazing. Trippy atmosphere, fucking cool demons. Honest, lovingly-made, hypotic and with an amazing soundtrack. Fuck all these gridhouse/machete/hobo with a shotgun type films. this is proper throwback
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: The Demon's Rook

Post by greenzombidog »

Totally agree. This was my favourite of the whole fest had me grinning ear to ear. Great soundtrack cool monsters. If I had seen this as a kid in school I know we'd all be quoting lines from this in the playground.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I didn't like. Terrible acting and almost completely plotless and meandering. I did like the demon costumes and the gory demon attacks, but everything else was awful, though it did have some unintentional laughs (the hot slime line in particular). 3/10
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

A low budget family affair production, with plenty of ambition, old-school effects and a Goblinesque soundtrack. The Argento and Fulci influences are obvious, but the limited funds and acting abilities did hinder the film at times. Yet you cannot fault the enthusiasm and credit too for creating its own mythos, even if it does borrow from various sources. The twist in the tale also surprised me. 6.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.