New venue?

The smouldering remains of the Frightfest 2013 Halloween All-Nighter.
100HorrorFilms
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

New venue?

Post by 100HorrorFilms »

If (as has been said) Screen 1 is being gutted tomorrow and converted into smaller screens, where will future Frightfests be held?

Tonight I heard people saying the fest could be held with two screens running the movies concurrently but how would Q&As work?
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: New venue?

Post by satanslittlehelper »

At a guess, it would work one of two ways. Either a staggered start (20 minute delay) for starts to allow intros and Q+A's. Or a video link in second smaller screen, as has been used for nationwide Q+A's like the recent A Field in England screenings...

Rumour has it that the refurbed Empire Screen One would still seat 800 people (a fraction more than the amount of weekend passes sold this year), so a secondary screen of 400-500 would be needed (for day passes and single tickets?).

I'm going to miss Screen 1 as it is...I have seen a lot of films there at FF and previously. :(
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

The frightfest alnighter is actually held at the VUE next door on the 3rd or 4th floor where we have our own little bar area that the rest of the public cannot use. The empire screen splitting won't really affect frightfest until the london wekkender next year.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Bearing in mind that the all-nighter isn't affected by the Empire changes....

I'd imagine that the problem with having two screens showing the same things is that you need two prints of everything, whether it's shorts, idents, quizzes or odd surprises? I'm not a projectionist and I don't know the ins and outs of running these things, but having, say, one screen for passholders and one for the public, would be difficult to keep running simultaneously. Or would the "print" be fed into the second projector from the first down some cables? We don't know, but I don't doubt all these questions are being looked into.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

In days of yore when I used film to project onto a screen you could indeed have the film going between projector rooms onto different screens.

Not massively recommended, but fun.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

I'm sure it can be done easy in the digital age.