We are taking questions about FrightFest 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: We are taking questions about FrightFest 2014

Post by FranksWildYears »

DJBenz wrote:
FranksWildYears wrote:According to the newsletter it's the three largest so 5, 7 and 9.
According to this link, it will use five screens. :eek: http://www.frightfest.co.uk/newsletters ... festa.html

I guess that's the three largest for the main programme and two for discovery.
Sorry, I just assumed the poster meant for the main programme (where most of the people here will have to choose a seat they're going to be spending a fair bit of time in).

I think 7 is the one the all nighters have normally been in, and the only other time I've been in the Vue WE was for the 3D Final Destination one so I'm guessing that must have been 5 as it wasn't the same. I'd quite like a look at some seating plans before I pick, too so I might go over to the website and see if I can screen grab them whilst pretending to buy a ticket for something :).

I'd like to know about the security checks, too. I don't object to bag searches and suchlike either but five days of it at the same level as the all nighters have been is going to get old very quickly.
festerin' frank
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by festerin' frank »

I have no questions, just wish the FrightFest crew a very successful year. Good luck with the new venue and I am sure everyone will get along with it.

:)

FF
Girl, you thought he was a man but he was a muffin!
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Good evening everyone. Let’s get this underway and I will take the questions in order.

Which of the screens will we be using?

Screens five, six and seven for the main screens films. Screen three, which is down in the basement and screen eight which is up on top floor of the cinema will be the Discovery Screens.

The number of passes available this year.

There will be slightly less passes available. Not a great deal, but a few less none the less. Single films tickets will be about the same. Going on past years everybody who wants one on Sleeply Queue Day should get one. It will be the stragglers who wait who may lose out.

Will you be able to pop into other screens to ask questions?

No. If the live Q&As is not in your cinema it will be projected on to the screen. We will be rotating the introductions and the Q&As around the screens, so everybody will get a fair crack of the whip.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Will the schedule be published before tickets go on sale?

Of course. Our full program and schedule will be published as normal the day before tickets go on sale. This year that will be June 27.

Ah, the shambles that have been ticket sales at the Vue so far.

Trust me, we are well aware of this and the muck ups that have happened in the past. We have already had meetings with the cinema about this and there is a team of people working on a solution. The problem in the past is that the cinema dosn’t have any IT support at the weekend, which is when we put our tickets on sale. So when things went tits-up there was no one around to sort things out. This will be addressed this time round.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Will you be able to get into the screen you prefer?

Not sure what you mean by this. What you will have to do beforehand and after looking at our schedule when it’s published on the 27th, is choose one of the three cinemas where you want to sit, and that’s you for the weekend. You won’t be able to move between the screens. As in the past, you sit in your allocated seat that you have chosen. If I haven’t answered this, give me a little bit more detail and I’ll try and clarify.

Will one of the main screens be exclusively for festival pass holders.

No. All of the various ticket types will be spread over the three screens. The point of this is to mix audience types up a little bit. I don't think it would be right if all of the pass holders were on one screen and then everybody else was in another. Not fair on ether.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Will there be security checks upon entry to the screens like at the Halloween 2013 event?

Thank you for reminding me of this. I'd forgotten about it and how it pissed people off. I'll bring this up at our next meeting and get an answer for you. I agree with you while I understand the need for some security, checking bags etc all of the time apart from getting tiresome will cause flow problems.

Will there be merchandising stands?

The Cinema store has signed up to do their one again and FrightFest will be producing their usual selection of T-shirts. We will look at getting in ladies sizes. Will also be doing a few special posters to tie in with some of the films that are showing and guests attending. The stalls will be at the top of the escalator on the same level as the bar.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Where will the press and VIPs be seated?

Like everyone else, spread across the three screens. No special treatment.

Will the quiz still be on?

We are looking at this. Andy is up for it, but it is how to make it work this year.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Thats all the questions submitted in advance. Any more?
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

iomega wrote: Will you be able to pop into other screens to ask questions?

No. If the live Q&As is not in your cinema it will be projected on to the screen. We will be rotating the introductions and the Q&As around the screens, so everybody will get a fair crack of the whip.
In that case, will you be publishing which Q&A will be happening in which screening ahead of time? (Just in case there's any Q&As any of us are particularly interested in asking Qs at so much so we might want to book our seats based on this)
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

iomega wrote:Will you be able to get into the screen you prefer?

Not sure what you mean by this. What you will have to do beforehand and after looking at our schedule when it’s published on the 27th is choose one of the three cinemas where you want to sit and that’s you for the weekend. You won’t be able to move between the screens. As in the past, you sit in your allocated seat that you have chosen. If I haven’t answered this, give me a little bit more detail and I’ll try and clarify.
Sorry, I was being a tad facetious. Never been in Vue, so aren't aware of what the actual screens are like - seat layout, screen size, closeness to toilets.

Its a comfort thing - just wondered if the bods a Vue would let me take a nosey into each screen for a bit of a mooch without buying a ticket because I won't be watching a film when I do this?
Will one of the main screens be exclusively for festival pass holders.
No. All of the various ticket types of been spread over the three screens. The point of this is to mix things up a little bit. I don't think it would be right if all of the pass holders were on one screen and then everybody else was in another.
Good. That idea was too elitist.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

iomega wrote:Where will the press and VIPs be seated?

Like everyone else, spread across the three screens. No special treatment.

Will the quiz still be on?

We are looking at this. Andy is up for it, but it is how to make it work this year.
May I suggest that it is held in the biggest screen.

You probably don't take numbers of entries over the years, but it does seem that many just go for a break for the hour or so its on.

I have no problem with someone sitting in my seat if I chose not to do the quiz (and assuming I'm in the biggest seated screen).
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Don't know if these are much use - they don't really give the scale of the room - but here are seating plans from Vue's site for the three main screens:
Vue 5.jpg
Vue 6.jpg
Vue 7.jpg
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

And here are the plans for the Disco screens 3 and 8:
Vue 3.jpg
Vue 8.jpg
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

Will there be wiggle room for extra screenings of sold out Discovery films at VUE? Also, any idea how the seating numbers for Discovery screenings will compare to those at the Empire? More/ less/ about the same?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

We plan to do a walk round and film it. We did the same the first year at the Empire. We plan to do this once back from Cannes.