Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 11:15 am

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by scoutthehorizon » Tue May 06, 2014 7:57 pm

All fine and dandy but some people legitimately love the Sleeper Queue and have it as part of their whole entire FrightFest experience. I am such a person and would fight tooth and nail anyone that wishes to abolish it.
mytwocentsfilm.wordpress.com

Twitter @scoutthehorizon

DJBenz
-----
-----
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by DJBenz » Tue May 06, 2014 8:42 pm

AndyJWS wrote:Could be taken either way maybe - the other way being that the box office allows Sleepy Queue sales from 10am, then with telephone/internet from 12 onwards (so the same as previous years, I guess?) :)
Uh, I'm not with you. That's the way I read it, what other way could it be taken? :s

iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser
Posts: 526
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:12 pm

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by iomega » Tue May 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Just be clear - Ticket sales will be along the lines of past years. This works well for FrightFesters who want to join the queue and those who are happy to wait and buy online or over the telephone. We see no reason to change this.

All the final sentence means is that details of how to get your tickets online or over the phone will be published nearer the 28th June. Vue will be giving us a dedicated team to assist on the day, so details are still being finalised.

Ian

AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:41 pm

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by AndyJWS » Tue May 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Thanks for the clarification Ian!

DJBenz - I completely mistook the bolding and use of word exclusively in your post as though you were indicating something else, sorry!

Crikey, and today was only an 11 1/2 hour day, I need to get myself more sensical (if that is a word) for longer before August! :)
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."

DJBenz
-----
-----
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by DJBenz » Wed May 07, 2014 8:24 am

AndyJWS wrote:DJBenz - I completely mistook the bolding and use of word exclusively in your post as though you were indicating something else, sorry!
No problem, thought I was going bonkers for a minute. :lol:

Rue-morgue Jay
----
----
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: HAMPSHIRE

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by Rue-morgue Jay » Wed May 07, 2014 6:17 pm

With regards to the line in the morning, can Alan serenade us with songs from MAMA MIA while we wait to get our tickets? :D ;)

moviemad
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:17 am

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by moviemad » Wed May 14, 2014 7:08 am

This year is my first year doing the Sleepy Queue, so I was just wondering, what sort of things do I need to keep myself warm etc? can I just arrive as I am or do I need to prepare with blankets and such? Also what time do people start queuing? I heard some get there at 6am on the Friday morning to queue all day and night? I work nights so I've booked the Thursday Friday and Saturday nights off in order to start the day early on the friday if needs be...

User avatar
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:08 pm
Location: North West of England
Contact:

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by TheDukeAbides » Wed May 14, 2014 10:22 am

moviemad wrote:This year is my first year doing the Sleepy Queue, so I was just wondering, what sort of things do I need to keep myself warm etc? can I just arrive as I am or do I need to prepare with blankets and such? Also what time do people start queuing? I heard some get there at 6am on the Friday morning to queue all day and night? I work nights so I've booked the Thursday Friday and Saturday nights off in order to start the day early on the friday if needs be...
Without doubt, bring a chair, regardless of how long you queue for, sitting is preferred to standing for any length of time and especially sitting on the cold and possibly wet concrete.

Treat it like camping at a music festival - check weather reports, but always plan for the wet but especially the cold.

Bring food and beers.

For safety reasons the queue starts outside the smaller Odeon, on the opposite side of the garden to the Empire at whatever time the earliest person gets there.

It moves, this time obviously to Vue, when all the pubs and clubs have shut and the main bulk of stragglers have left the square.

Logic dictates that if you are in the queue, whatever time you join, you should get a ticket.

The worry is always that with less seat/weekend tickets and a rise in popularity that some might be disappointed, but I doubt that is the case.

Personally, booking the Thursday night off work is overkill unless you need to regulate your body clock, though I think working nights might be an advantage in this situation.

ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by ChrisReynolds » Wed May 14, 2014 12:48 pm

If we bring a chair/sleeping bags to the sleepy queue will there be somewhere we can put them while we watch the free film?

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed May 14, 2014 9:01 pm

moviemad wrote:Also what time do people start queuing? I heard some get there at 6am on the Friday morning to queue all day and night? I work nights so I've booked the Thursday Friday and Saturday nights off in order to start the day early on the friday if needs be...
Most people queue in the early hours of Sat. Ones who queue overnight do so to get specific seats, like the front row.

Rue-morgue Jay
----
----
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: HAMPSHIRE

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by Rue-morgue Jay » Thu May 15, 2014 5:39 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
moviemad wrote:Also what time do people start queuing? I heard some get there at 6am on the Friday morning to queue all day and night? I work nights so I've booked the Thursday Friday and Saturday nights off in order to start the day early on the friday if needs be...
Most people queue in the early hours of Sat. Ones who queue overnight do so to get specific seats, like the front row.

Ah, but now seen as the "main" screen is almost mute point because of all the split screens, it'll be an interesting dynamic now. ;)

DJBenz
-----
-----
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by DJBenz » Thu May 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:Ah, but now seen as the "main" screen is almost mute point because of all the split screens, it'll be an interesting dynamic now. ;)
I think there's still going to be a big demand for seats in the biggest screen.

jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:16 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by jonbly » Thu May 15, 2014 8:39 pm

scoutthehorizon wrote:All fine and dandy but some people legitimately love the Sleeper Queue and have it as part of their whole entire FrightFest experience. I am such a person and would fight tooth and nail anyone that wishes to abolish it.
Just wander round the corner at about 9am and yell, "I love the Sleepy Queue!". You'll have all the teeth and nails you can handle...

GeorgeCaplin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by GeorgeCaplin » Wed May 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Ditch the Sleepy Queue, ditch the phoneline booking, ditch the online booking.

This year the tickets will be given in a 'Cheap Thrills' style scenario. What would you do for your Frightfest ticket?? ahahahahahahahahahahaha (and so fourth)

User avatar
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Sleepy Queue 2014 Discussion (Split from Q&A Thread)

Post by EvilAsh » Fri May 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:
moviemad wrote:Also what time do people start queuing? I heard some get there at 6am on the Friday morning to queue all day and night? I work nights so I've booked the Thursday Friday and Saturday nights off in order to start the day early on the friday if needs be...
Most people queue in the early hours of Sat. Ones who queue overnight do so to get specific seats, like the front row.

Ah, but now seen as the "main" screen is almost mute point because of all the split screens, it'll be an interesting dynamic now. ;)
It'll now be people wanting to make sure they are in the same screen as friends - otherwise you can't talk to them about the films, they may not have seen them yet!

Post Reply