Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Fright Fest guests

Post by bounce08 »

Eddie Krueger wrote:Great guests this year IMO

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/frightfestnewsp4.html
Really? Apart from Robert Englund and Nacho Vigalondo they're pretty Z list tbh most are little known directors/producers/actors for their respective films. Last year was a bit better tbh. None of the Sin City cast could show their face? Eli Roth? Rose Leslie?
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Think it looks good. Just cos people aren't super famous doesn't mean they can't be interesting.

Do quite fancy Jorg talking about Nekromantik.
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

No Rose Leslie?

*sobs
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

bounce08 wrote:most are little known directors/producers/actors for their respective films.
And they're having, in many cases, premieres of their first movies at the festival. So this year's "z list" could be the big names of the future. And you get to meet them in an environment that encourages the talent to mix freely with the fans, not stick them behind a desk and charge a fee for autograph/picture opportunities (I'm excluding Robert Englund from that, for reasons. :lol: )
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

morralex wrote:Think it looks good. Just cos people aren't super famous doesn't mean they can't be interesting.

Do quite fancy Jorg talking about Nekromantik.

I concur about your first point. Some of my favourite guests have been people that I had never heard of, until they stepped up to present their films.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Agreed I think the guest list is fantastic in so much as you get to meet and question the people behind the movie. Most events that is nigh on impossible. Big names are just a bonus for me
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

For me, part of the attraction of meeting people at Frightfest is that the artists mingle with the general attendees. Part of the fun of meeting and talking with them at Frightfest is the knowledge that they're doing it to share their love of the genre. If they don't want to meet me without payment, then I have no interest in meeting them. Keep the spectre of capitalist cash-for-access American-style conventions away from Frightfest.

As Robert Englund is introducing both the Last Showing and the Nightmare on Elm Street retrospective that does imply that he'll be around for most of the festival. And we also have ALAN MOORE! Alan Moore who's famous for refusing to attend conventions, and he's going to be at Frightfest!
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bounce08 »

Adam Wingard (director of The Guest, You're Next, one part of VHS/ABCs of Death, Pop Skull) via twitter has also confirmed he's attending too, decent guest IMO.
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

Will there be one of those fancy frightfest illustrated posters for Elm Street? Would be cool to get Robert Englund to sign one of those
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
gazadams
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by gazadams »

was wondering if fright fest will announce any more guests . Anyone know if Tommy Wirkola be going for Dead Snow 2 ?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

I doubt there'll be any formal announcements at this stage; any new guests from here on will be surprise appearances.