Seating

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Seating

Post by zappa fan »

We've got three Screens to choose from.

When its finally time to get our festival pass(es). Where are people hoping to get seats? Which screen is the most popular?
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Seating

Post by DJBenz »

I'd hazard a guess that the biggest screen will be the popular choice due to wanting the big-crowd Frightfest experience.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Main screens: Screen 5 (413 seats), Screen 6 (264 seats), Screen 7 (411 seats)

I can see screens 5 and 7 being the most popular as 6 only has two-thirds the capacity, but there's also the factor of which screen gets the introduction and Q&As from popular guests. I trust we'll know which ones are the designated guest screens before we book tickets.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

I'll base my choice purely on the films. There are bound to be some in the main schedule that don't interest me, so my screen choice will be based on what matches up with the disco screens for the perfect program. Guests and Q&AS are nice but I always think of those like DVD extras. It's all about the films for me. I just hope that once they announce the line up and I buy my tickets based on it they don't change the program.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

zappa fan wrote:We've got three Screens to choose from.

When its finally time to get our festival pass(es). Where are people hoping to get seats? Which screen is the most popular?
First I have heard of this. Not impressed! Frightfest is (was) all about the atmosphere!

And having the guests knocking about with you.....

Why not stick all the weekend pass holders in their own screen with the talent?

Booooo!
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Maxmum - It's not as bad as it sounds; from what I've heard its the opening and closing film will be shown at the same time in all three screens (guests screened to the other two screens).

All other films will be on at different times so that guest could be live on stage in each screening.

Think most people will be booking screen 5.

Does sound like logistical nightmare to me. Detailed email from Ian Friday at 2pm to explain.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
staineve
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by staineve »

I'm just gonna spend Friday night studying the timetable, ie. what clashes with Disco screen films and just what shows when! It's just about getting the balance right to minimise the risk of falling asleep/needing a break during the films you really want to see, so screen choice will all be harking back to that for me.

And obviously if Elijah Wood finally turns up and I'm not in the right screen, heads will roll.
twitter: @staineve
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I agree with the notion about matching main screen vs discovery - may be a deal breaker for us. That said you could do that and then not get the disco screen tix
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Everyone needs to stop speculating. Wait and see. The move away from The Empire has required us to go back to the drawing board and rethink how things are done. In an ideal world we would have let you all know how everything is going to work before now, but it has taken us much longer with the move to bring everything together this year. We will be publishing how the festival is going to work on June 24.

As far as possible no one will miss out on films, guests, Q&As and discovery screen films. We may not get it 100% right this year, but we have given how the festival will run many weeks of thought.

Ian
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Great to hear Ian.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

iomega wrote:Everyone needs to stop speculating. Wait and see.

I'm a waiting!

Got my fingers crossed :-)
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

zappa fan wrote:Maxmum - It's not as bad as it sounds; from what I've heard its the opening and closing film will be shown at the same time in all three screens (guests screened to the other two screens).

All other films will be on at different times so that guest could be live on stage in each screening.

Think most people will be booking screen 5.

Does sound like logistical nightmare to me. Detailed email from Ian Friday at 2pm to explain.

Ey up.

you looked at the email yet?

I'm still confused and need a spreadsheet or something. Will go with just the biggest screen I guess? /shrugs.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

I'm not queuing but are you guys getting a free film tomorrow?
GrimEffigy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by GrimEffigy »

sherbetbizarre wrote:I'm not queuing but are you guys getting a free film tomorrow?
+1

If there's a free movie tomorrow, my mates are coming down to buy our tickets with me.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

There will be a free film, but it's still to be announced.