How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
anaana
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Post by anaana »

hingethunder wrote:Was walking past the Vue just now and popped in on the off chance and am now £170 poorer :)

Looked to be 3 or 4 weekend passes left in screen 5, not sure if that's the lot or if there were some in the other screens but she just checked 5 first

My usual strategy of assuming I won't get a ticket then scoring one a week later worked once more!

I have my festival pass and I recognise I should be happy that most of us got tickets in the end, but at the same time I can't help feeling a bit silly that I spent so much time online and on the phone on the Saturday to end up jumping head first on the first ticket that popped up on the VUE screen.

That being a pretty lousy strict front seat, I now feel a bit miffed that so many better tickets were made available after I got mine.

It seems like your strategy of scoring a ticket last minute worked.
TheCreature
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by TheCreature »

After the passes went phone only, will single tickets be available to book online or will they have to be booked over the phone?
What time on the 19th will they be available from?
Garbord
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Garbord »

Just a heads up but I just took my emailed ticket collection barcodes to the Vue as I was feeling a bit wary and wanted my day passes in hand. It took two members of staff and the manager to actually get the system to give up the tickets.

Apparently the barcodes numbers/QR codes reported to the system that the tickets were unpaid for. I showed the manager the confirmation email (smartphone win) and he had to use the email booking reference instead of the barcodes before the machines would produce anything.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly but if I'm not the only one affected by this it'll cause chaos in the mornings as not everyone will have access to that information.

On the plus side the screen number and date was correct so all good there.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Not to stir the pot further, or kick an easy target...
But just adding to that, as some of you know, the screens aren't identified if you booked online. I queried customer services to confirm my allocated screen number and got an e-mail confidently telling me I was in screen 6. When I nipped in to get my pass, it actually turned out to be screen 7.
Not making judgements. Just reporting facts.
My point being that it is probably worth double-checking your allocated screen if you're not sure. Might save some unexpected schedule shuffling or problems on the day...
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Anyone know when they'll be posting out passes? On the phone I was told it would be just after they've taken the funds, but that's long since passed.

Bring your confirmation email with you to the cinema when you arrive on the 21st and find our ticketing desk. You will be given your badge there. The ticket desk will be open from lunchtime on the 21st so probably best to get there a little bit early to avoid the last-minute rush and then you can also attend the pre-festival drinks which you can find out more about on another thread on this Forum.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Eddie Krueger wrote:Anyone know when they'll be posting out passes? On the phone I was told it would be just after they've taken the funds, but that's long since passed.
Normally you just pick them up on the day
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Malky wrote:
Eddie Krueger wrote:Anyone know when they'll be posting out passes? On the phone I was told it would be just after they've taken the funds, but that's long since passed.
Normally you just pick them up on the day
That's what I've always done too, but they said they'd be posting them out. Oh well, maybe they got confused with all that was going on at the time!
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

I like to think I'm a fair-minded sort of chap. :)

I would like to report that my passes arrived this morning in the post.

But wait, there's more...

I was one of those who missed out in the original riot, then booked my tickets over the phone. I got a mail from customer services telling me they'd had a problem with processing my card but they'd still held my tickets. They arranged for me to pay by BACS, took the funds and posted me my tickets. Vue was communicative, friendly and apologetic throughout.

I spent some time online, here and on Facebook, complaining about Vue. It's now time to step up and give them the recognition they deserve for the way they have dealt with that earlier chaos. Very well done Vue. I won't forget this.
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

HeadOnAStick wrote:I like to think I'm a fair-minded sort of chap. :)

I would like to report that my passes arrived this morning in the post.

But wait, there's more...

I was one of those who missed out in the original riot, then booked my tickets over the phone. I got a mail from customer services telling me they'd had a problem with processing my card but they'd still held my tickets. They arranged for me to pay by BACS, took the funds and posted me my tickets. Vue was communicative, friendly and apologetic throughout.

I spent some time online, here and on Facebook, complaining about Vue. It's now time to step up and give them the recognition they deserve for the way they have dealt with that earlier chaos. Very well done Vue. I won't forget this.
I agree. I got my tickets in the post this morning. Had very similar problems to a lot of others getting to this stage, but had an apology from Vue with my tickets and a voucher for refreshments as a gesture of goodwill. It was a terrible mess, but they've done what they needed to in order to make amends.
Sue77
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Sue77 »

Bring your confirmation email with you to the cinema when you arrive on the 21st and find our ticketing desk. You will be given your badge there. The ticket desk will be open from lunchtime on the 21st so probably best to get there a little bit early to avoid the last-minute rush and then you can also attend the pre-festival drinks which you can find out more about on another thread on this Forum.[/quote]

I'm going to be in London near Leicester Sq from the Tuesday. Is it possible for me to take my email confirmation in to the Vue before the desk opens and collect my badge?