How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Post by Wulfster »

Got my pass. Crappy seat in screen 7 (to be expected really).
But I now have to spend some time on the customer support line (again) to ensure I wasn't charged for the "cancelled" seat ... which was an aisle seat near the front!!! GOD DAMN YOU VUE *shakes fist and loads rifle*
I've going to Frightfest since the beginning, and today was the first day I didn't join the sleepy queue since 2005, and TBH Vue's ineptitude has really pissed me off.
Now I know what you guys were all going on about with the Halloween all-nighters!
Not good...
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

Absolutely disgusting!!!
Been refreshing the web site for nearly 2 hours and no luck at all. Have occasionally got to the seating plan ( no seats left apart from sitting an inch from the screen) but crashed soon after!! Looks like it won't be 7 in a row for me. A ABSOLUTE FUCKING JOKE
MattP
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MattP »

Keeps declining the card FFS!!
michacgn
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by michacgn »

OMG.
I get my Festival Pass@Screen 6. Not the best seat but better than what I could choose for the other screens.
My foreign Prepaid Creditcard worked fine. :eek:
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

I'm sure Ian will be on the forum to apologise for all of this once he gets the issues sorted with Vue. To the FF guys' credit, they did anticipate this and had several meetings with Vue well in advance to try and avoid this situation, but it looks like Vue has let them down spectacularly.

I know it must be hugely frustrating and I hope everyone gets their tickets sorted eventually.
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Constant card refusal - don't know what to do. The funds are there.

No reflection on the FF boys, but Vue need an absolute kicking.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

I don't get that far, the website just times out on me. :(
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

It is a real embarrassment for the brand.
If this had happened at my work someone would have been sacked.
Still can't get into 5 or 6 but all passes in 7 have sold out. 2 and a half hours and I'm empty handed, beyond a joke.......
MattP
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MattP »

I feel bad for those who have other things they need to be getting on with and may not have the option to sit around all day. I have no other commitments at the moment but its getting tedious sitting here now.

As said before this is no reflection on FF who always do a stellar job. Shame they have to be let down by the people chosen as the new venue
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

DJBenz wrote:I'm sure Ian will be on the forum to apologise for all of this once he gets the issues sorted with Vue. To the FF guys' credit, they did anticipate this and had several meetings with Vue well in advance to try and avoid this situation, but it looks like Vue has let them down spectacularly.

I know it must be hugely frustrating and I hope everyone gets their tickets sorted eventually.
DJ Benz - Absolutely. This has nothing to do with all the effort that Ian, Paul, and Alan have put into the organisation. And I know the efforts they've been through with Vue after various debacles with the Halloween bookings. There is ALL on Vue. I know that previously the lack of IT staff/support on their booking sites has been an issue, and it looks like that was the main cause here again. Also disappointing in that we were lead to believe that phone-booking was available, but Vue didn't communicate that this would NOT be the case.
I think all the "Turn your bloody phone's off" idents this year should be performed live on the Vue management and/or IT guys! :evil:

On a selfish note, I'm happy that I eventually managed to get onto the site (after 1hr 50mins of constant effort),and get a weekend pass. I am looking forward to it immensely as usual, but I can already see from Facebook and twitter that a few unhappy people gave up or just weren't able to complete transactions. Hopefully this will be the only bum note in the festival this year, as it looks a corker otherwise...
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

finally got in!!!! 4 seats left over all 3 screens, and i can't get past the booking page, I'm going to FUCKING KILL SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

I've entered various card details a couple of dozen times - did anyone eventually get success after being declined?
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

Still no joy, looks like I'm missing out this year, bummer.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Managed to get a ticket for seat b10 in screen 6 at least I hope its screen 6 but at the very least its an aise seat.
rambizzi187
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by rambizzi187 »

Eddie Krueger wrote:I've entered various card details a couple of dozen times - did anyone eventually get success after being declined?
yep i got festival pass in screen 5