Re: How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Post by sherbetbizarre »

ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

DeanoG wrote:RE: The Voucher you get.

I am pretty sure Ian said during the sleepy queue screening of Alien Abduction that the voucher is for booking your discovery screen tickets ( you scan the barcode and select the day before )....hoping this won't just lead to a bunch of queues at ticket machines 6pm every evening, in theory though, it is a great idea !
I'm not sure about the print quality of the tickets from Vue, but my experience from past festivals is that the ink / toner (or whatever it is) has a tendency to fade over time so I suggest grabbing a photo of it from your phone so that you can refer back to that come festival time should the voucher have reverted back to plain white paper! (Plus, incase you forget / lose it it's handy to have some evidence that you did actually own it at one time!)
Twitter: @ArghZombies
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

valido wrote:You need to hold onto this voucher. I'm afraid there's no hand jobs involved and while I appreciate your attempt at humour, or at least that’s how it looks to me, if you are to speculate, speculate about something other than the nonsense that you have suggested. The voucher has a very much more practical purpose.
Thanks, I sincerely appreciate the information.
I wasn't on the sleepy q so I couldn't know what Ian was telling everyone about the voucher and all I know is that the guy at Vue didn't know.
I'm also sure we can debate whether my attempt at humour was acceptable or not and I can delete that line immediately if it offends someone, but honestly who on Earth can mistake it for a serious attempt at speculation? :eek:

Anyway I got the information I wanted so, again, many thanks.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I made a Gantt chart version of the Frightfest schedule so you can now see at a glance how much time you have between films and where you overlap with other screens.

TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Stellar work there...
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Bloody magnificent schedule Chris!
That is totally essential stuff.
*goes into a dated "Wayne's World" we're-not-worthy pose*
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Chris that is an immense and handy piece of work. Thank you
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Ok, so what has/hasn't sold out? I just tried the Vue day pass link again (after seeing that day passes went back on sale at 7pm) and am still getting the Error-404 not found - placeholder.

Am I right in thinking that day passes therefore haven't yet been re-released? There is very little communication, and I understand that's in part because the guys want to get everything absolutely straight first, but a rough idea of any re-sale would be great (even if it means nothing comes back online until midweek, to be absolutely certain any issues are ironed out).
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

At about 2pm the site was up and running and indicating available w/e passes in 5,6 & 7 . I checked again a few mins ago and Frightfest has disappeared from the list available to book. Hopefully this means theyve taken everything down in order to fix the problems once and for all ... we shall but see
movieevangelist
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by movieevangelist »

Have been refreshing the website periodically throughout the last day. I didn't see anything available last night or today, apart from one brief moment this afternoon when it looked like Thursday day passes were back on sale (they weren't). The link's gone again completely now, presumably either until such time as anything left goes back on sale or that anything left will be made available by other means.

I'm now kicking myself that I didn't try harder, for while I had a couple of good goes at booking the day passes for Sunday and Monday I was after, I didn't expend anywhere near as much effort as some people (having had huge amounts of pain when booking for other festivals in the past few years and not being in a rush to repeat that experience). I only hope that everyone who put up a good fight gets at least something; I was contemplating adding some singles on Thursday or Saturday but now fear they represent my only hope of seeing anything when released, if I can even get them.

All the best to anyone with tickets, thanks to all those behind the scenes who I am sure are trying their hardest and must be as frustrated as us, and good luck to all those, like me, still living in hope. (Just hoping that as much of the content makes its way to the Cambridge Film Festival as did last year in their FrightFest strand, where I might at least catch something the following week, albeit without the same atmosphere.)
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

movieevangelist wrote: (Just hoping that as much of the content makes its way to the Cambridge Film Festival as did last year in their FrightFest strand, where I might at least catch something the following week, albeit without the same atmosphere.)
You and me both! That's a good point which I'd forgotten - at least there's always the CFF to fall back on if needed. I caught You're Next there last year and the atmosphere was still really good despite being a non-genre festival :)
MovieBug
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by MovieBug »

Vue have just tweeted that "a number of returned tickets will be available noon Wednesday"

https://twitter.com/vuecinemas/status/4 ... 5819640832
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

Ian has put the same on Facebook. For people who ended up spending ages on the phone pointlessly (as they couldn't sell passes that way), I raised the issue with Vue and they've offered me a gift card to cover the call costs. The message from them was apologetic and gracious.
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

Hope the glitches are Ironed out for when the last few Festival passes go on sale on Wednesday lunchtime.
the house shot her !!!
movieevangelist
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by movieevangelist »

Oh well that's me in all likelihood screwed then, in a business meeting which doesn't finish until 13:00 and won't be able to do anything until then, by which time I expect everything to be gone. Will have to wait for the singles, good luck to everyone else.

P.S. If any kind soul would be willing to try to get me a day pass for Sunday and / or Monday when the booking opens on Wednesday, I would happily work out something whereby I PayPal you part or full payment in advance and offer some form of appropriate reward. I will entirely understand if it's every man and woman for themselves.