How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
filmster2525
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Post by filmster2525 »

absolutely gutted. have booked hotels and trains for frightfest and can't get a festival pass for me and a friend because of all the issues on the site and phone. don't know what i'm going to do now,or how to tell my friend. not missed one for years,cannot express enough how distraught i am.

Reply - Did you go for day tickets, still a few of them left?
Ian
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:it's not "Londoners' only, i actually live way way outside of london and made the journey last night and was in the q at 6am and still didn't get a seat i wanted
I obviously meant "Londoners only" as short for "98% people able to buy the tickets in person, 2% lucky dippers (and some of them probably charged twice), despite all given information"

I've been trying constantly since 12 like a person with mental issues and I'm not sure why I'm still peeking.
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

I tried to give up trying - but I appear to still be on autopilot submitting my card details (which I now know off-by-heart!)

Any recent success stories to give us hope?
domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by domdunc »

DJBenz wrote:The 'no weekend passes over the phone' thing is ridiculous, they're supposed to be selling them according to all of the info that's been released thus far.
yep, i got through on the phones at 12:15. would have saved me 2 hours of hassle.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Tweet from @vuehelp 41minutes ago:
@Film4FrightFest @vuecinemas All booking issues appear to be resolved. We're still busy but please keep trying, any probs give us a call!
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

I was just told on the phone to Vue that the reason they cannot sell festival passes over the phone is because they are having the same problems we are with the computer booking.

Someone else at Vue said they were told last night not to sell any on the phone.

That means they knew about this yesterday.
MattP
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MattP »

Eddie Krueger wrote:I tried to give up trying - but I appear to still be on autopilot submitting my card details (which I now know off-by-heart!)

Same as me then. I was thinking the only benefit is I now know my card details off by heart
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

Eddie Krueger wrote:I tried to give up trying - but I appear to still be on autopilot submitting my card details (which I now know off-by-heart!)

I was able to book a whole festival pass at about 2.45pm online. There were four seats available for whole festival passes on the third choice screen at that time. Went through first time. There is/was hope!
rambizzi187
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by rambizzi187 »

looks like all passes are gone
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Just in case anyone's not aware, the three 6.00pm times shown on the website are for the three different screens, so if you find no seats available in one, you could try another.

Doctor_Stupid
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Doctor_Stupid »

After 4 hours of trying the website is finally working properly. Well of course it is, now that there aren't any seats available! Typical :x
domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by domdunc »

Eddie Krueger wrote:I was just told on the phone to Vue that the reason they cannot sell festival passes over the phone is because they are having the same problems we are with the computer booking.

Someone else at Vue said they were told last night not to sell any on the phone.

That means they knew about this yesterday.
I was told just after 12 that they'd 'had an email' saying that they couldn't sell full weekend passes, only day passes. I asked the girl on the phone to confirm with a manager before i hung up and she did, so it was definitely a decision from somewhere off site I guess? Why Why Why? Feel so bad for everyone who didn't manage to get tickets, feel like it was a miracle I managed to get mine eventually.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Ok, here's how I managed.

I saw a tweet from Vue saying that if you need two tickets you have to get each of them in a separate transaction.

This is quite ridiculous since you cannot select just one seat if there's two next to each other or you'd get the "you cannot leave a gap" alert.

So in the end the only way was to get split seats, even if pairs were still available.

Bottom line: me and my girlfriend will be sitting literally opposite sides to each other, but at least we'll be there.

If anyone has a seat next to A6 or C31, full weekend, please give me a shout (they're both equally crappy seats, no big difference to us).

Thanks.

If you're still trying, last time I checked I only saw a total of 4/5 seats left anyway for the full weekend.

EDIT: I believe they're both on Screen 5, but the email confirmation doesn't say...
Last edited by valido on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Does anyone else think that Vue should refund the thousands of pounds they will have made from us all waiting on their 10p/minute telephone line to the FF boys to donate to a charity of their choice?
sevcham
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by sevcham »

After 4 and half hours I finally have my ticket(s), purchased online!

Apparently, you can only purchase a single weekend pass online at a time.

Every few mins available seats come and go in screen 7, they are usually in pairs - so usually get rejected by the payment process.

I saw 4 seats in one row pop up, I accidentally had the 2 ticket option open, my GF takes 1 seat, I quickly select the 1 ticket option and go back in to see only 1 seat left, someone took 2 seats in one go (so they obviously will fail with the transaction) and I was left with the last seat, right next to my GF.

This was probably the worst 4+ hours, I don't wish this on anybody and hope others are finding similar luck to me.

Chances are, there are still seats available, but the queue system keeps a hold of seats that were due to be purchased, so chance are they will be reset for purchase every few mins.

Keep trying! I've seen a few seats in the centre of screen 7 occasionally appear.