Lineup announced - discussion/thoughts

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Lineup announced - discussion/thoughts

Post by Jon H »

Quick question for my fellow screen 6 'ers...

Anyone planning to see Sin City 2 at 6.15 and then Coherence in Disco 2 at 8.30 ? Is it do-able in terms of there being enough time between the screenings?
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Going by this...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/575 ... _gantt.png

...you'll have about 15 minutes.

As long as it's accurate :)
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Anyone is Screen 7 skipping Sin City to attend Creep / Duke Party or just not attending. Could I use your vacant seat?

I want to see Digging up the Marrow and would like to see Sin City straight after (I'm in Screen 5)
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

They've changed when sin city is on.

It's on the thurs now.
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

they've changed I SURVIVED A ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST too from monday to saturday and put V/H/S Viral on in its place on the monday. We made main screen choices based on the oroginal plan??
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

MalJutley wrote:they've changed I SURVIVED A ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST too from monday to saturday and put V/H/S Viral on in its place on the monday. We made main screen choices based on the oroginal plan??
Unfortunately, this sometimes happens. they have to switch films around leading up to frightfest and even on the day in the past they have had to drop films due to problems and replace them. it goes part and parcel with running a film festival.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

true.. i don't really mind as it didn't clash as much as i thought just means i have to miss " I survived a zombie holocaust" now as i want to watch 'Creep' on the discovery screens which nwo clashes based on the changes. (i'm in the horror channel screen)
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I updated my Gantt chart of the schedule. This was done in a rush before I left for work this morning so let me know if there are any mistakes.

Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

ChrisReynolds wrote:I updated my Gantt chart of the schedule. This was done in a rush before I left for work this morning so let me know if there are any mistakes.

Chris, you are an absolute legend mate!
Thanks so much for this. It's totally invaluable, and looks bang-on for details. Loving the Frightfest "watermark" as well! :D
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Yeah, thanks Chris!

Funny to have a 90 minute gap after the very first film, but that space has "PUB" written all over it...
Charlie
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Charlie »

Sin City? What Bullshit :/
SilverGunnar Hansen
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by SilverGunnar Hansen »

sherbetbizarre wrote:Yeah, thanks Chris!

Funny to have a 90 minute gap after the very first film, but that space has "PUB" written all over it...
Might be a 3 and a half hour gap for me - really can't be arsed with Sin City. First one was over-rated, not expecting much from this, wish it had stayed where it was so I had other options. Moving it smacks of the studio thinking, 'Hmm, half these punters will watch any old horror drivel rather than Sin City, we need to fix that,' as if half those horror punters won't be even more critical and spread even more negative advance word than mainstream movie-goers ever could be / would.
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

All a bit harsh I think - Sin City was a great film - no idea what the second film will be like but I'm looking forward to finding out (maybe I'm the only one..)

If the hard words are because it's not a horror film then fair enough, but considering that last years equivalent of this was RIPD then you are not doing do bad with Sin City IMO....
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

You're not the only one Jon H. I thought the first Sin City was great as well so I too am looking forward to this. Whether it will deliver is another thing entirely but I'm quite pleased it's now showing on the first day.

As for last years RIPD, I fell asleep halfway through that. Went to see it again on it's proper theatrical release at my local Cineworld just to make sure I hadn't misjudged it (don't worry, I used my Unlimited card so it didn't cost me anything more than I would have paid for the month anyway) and struggled to stay awake yet again. So it obviously wasn't the usual Frightfest exhaustion taking it's toll first time out. The film seemed to genuinely be a bit of a chore to watch. Hopefully Sin City 2 will perform much better!
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Jon H wrote:All a bit harsh I think - Sin City was a great film - no idea what the second film will be like but I'm looking forward to finding out (maybe I'm the only one..)

If the hard words are because it's not a horror film then fair enough, but considering that last years equivalent of this was RIPD then you are not doing do bad with Sin City IMO....
I really ike Sin City and if he appears Robert Rodriguez would make amazing guest, so I'm not to fussed by the line up change. I never saw RIPD I was in a disco screen (for Demon's Rook maybe?) and I feel I made the right choice. Although the RIPD screening will go down in legend for those guys adding their own twist to the film.