Lineup announced - discussion/thoughts

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Lineup announced - discussion/thoughts

Post by bounce08 »

DJBenz wrote:
stshaw wrote:Wolfcop was extremely poorly received at the Fantasia screening I attended. I didn't like it. Of the three you list (I have seen them all at other festivals) Dead Snow 2 is the jewel (Drownsman is good but watch that at home when the DVD arrives - Dead Snow 2 is the one to see with a FrightFest crowd).
I've seen a press screener of Wolfcop and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I kinda hate the current trend for attempts at making modern b-movies (which is why I'm ambivalent to the presence of Zombeavers at FF), but its production values were much higher than its premise would give it credit for. Maybe I enjoyed it because my expectations were so low. I'm definitely looking forward to Dead Snow 2 though, even though I found the original lacking. Should be a blast with the FF crowd.

And damn, you attend a lot of festivals! :o

It's a shame Larry Fessenden's 'BENEATH' hasn't really done the festival circuit or FrightFest- a good example of a decent modern B monster movie.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

bounce08 wrote:
DJBenz wrote:
stshaw wrote:Wolfcop was extremely poorly received at the Fantasia screening I attended. I didn't like it. Of the three you list (I have seen them all at other festivals) Dead Snow 2 is the jewel (Drownsman is good but watch that at home when the DVD arrives - Dead Snow 2 is the one to see with a FrightFest crowd).
I've seen a press screener of Wolfcop and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I kinda hate the current trend for attempts at making modern b-movies (which is why I'm ambivalent to the presence of Zombeavers at FF), but its production values were much higher than its premise would give it credit for. Maybe I enjoyed it because my expectations were so low. I'm definitely looking forward to Dead Snow 2 though, even though I found the original lacking. Should be a blast with the FF crowd.

And damn, you attend a lot of festivals! :o

It's a shame Larry Fessenden's 'BENEATH' hasn't really done the festival circuit or FrightFest- a good example of a decent modern B monster movie.
Wasn't Beneath on at an earlier FF event - the all nigher or something? Unless I dreamt it.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Beneath has never been shown at FrightFest. Larry was a guest one year. And they have shown I sell the Dead, You're Next, The Roost and We are what we are; in previous years.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Sorry if I am repeating something that has been covered elsewhere, but am I correct in thinking that if you see Another on Disco Screen 2 that if you are in the Arrow screen then you would miss both The Samurai and Stage Fright ? Not sure if this applies to other screens - I haven't checked I'm afraid.....
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Alex J wrote:Sorry if I am repeating something that has been covered elsewhere, but am I correct in thinking that if you see Another on Disco Screen 2 that if you are in the Arrow screen then you would miss both The Samurai and Stage Fright ? Not sure if this applies to other screens - I haven't checked I'm afraid.....
Stanley Kubrick hates the Arrow Screen, apparently.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Alex J wrote:Sorry if I am repeating something that has been covered elsewhere, but am I correct in thinking that if you see Another on Disco Screen 2 that if you are in the Arrow screen then you would miss both The Samurai and Stage Fright ? Not sure if this applies to other screens - I haven't checked I'm afraid.....
You'd miss Stage Fright, looks like you'd have about 15 minutes between the end of Another and the start of The Samurai.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/575 ... _gantt.png
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

DJBenz wrote:
You'd miss Stage Fright, looks like you'd have about 15 minutes between the end of Another and the start of The Samurai.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/575 ... _gantt.png
That would be if you were in the Horror Channel Screen (Screen 7). Another appears to overlap the Arrow Video Screen showing of Stage Fright by 5 minutes. If you can duck out of Another as the credits start to roll you won't miss much of Stage Fright. The time of the first murder in Stage Fright is:
Spoiler:
5 minutes 30 seconds into the film
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Thanks for the responses - yes, I think, barring any delays in the disco screen that I may just make Stage Fright .... Cheers!
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Thanks for the responses for my viewing dilemma. For various reasons, I have committed to "Wolfcop" (assuming I get the disco ticket), and it will be interesting as to which of the many views expressed to me, that I will end up agreeing with. Frightfest - Always a journey into the unknown! :green: