Stolen Tablet from Sleepy Queue

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
moviemad
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Stolen Tablet from Sleepy Queue

Post by moviemad »

Hi there,
Some of you might have heard that a google nexus tablet went missing during the sleepy queue yesterday. Unfortunately the tablet still hasn't been found. The owner last had it in the screen during Alien Abduction right before it began which means it's most likely been taken by a fellow frightfester. Although I'm hoping that someone accidentally picked it up, the fact that no ones said anything yet seems to point to theft.
If anyone has any information please leave a message here, tweet Frightfest of @like_whoa (the owner) as soon as possible. It seems a shame that something like this would happen as it was her first time attending the sleepy queue and now she's even considering selling her ticket to be able to buy a replacement and frankly who would want to spend 5 days in a cinema constantly thinking someone in the screen might have her tablet :/
frightfester020714
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Stolen Tablet from Sleepy Queue

Post by frightfester020714 »

I think that's disgusting and hope you get it back.

Lost my phone like that way last year.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Have you checked with the cinema to see if it has been handed in?
frightfester020714
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by frightfester020714 »

People ain't that honest these days when it comes handy in valuable stuff.

If a wallet is found and its empty the finder most likely keeps it or chucks it away.
moviemad
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by moviemad »

iomega wrote:Have you checked with the cinema to see if it has been handed in?
She left her details with the staff in case it did pop up but as it's been over a day now it doesn't seem too likely. Last I heard, she's more than likely going to sell her ticket and buy a replacement as the tablet cost the same as the ticket. It just seems such a shame as it was such a fun night and we were queuing for well over 12 hours and to have something crappy like this happen at the tail end to make her not want to go to the festival at all is just horrible :/
GrimEffigy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by GrimEffigy »

moviemad wrote: She left her details with the staff in case it did pop up but as it's been over a day now it doesn't seem too likely. Last I heard, she's more than likely going to sell her ticket and buy a replacement as the tablet cost the same as the ticket. It just seems such a shame as it was such a fun night and we were queuing for well over 12 hours and to have something crappy like this happen at the tail end to make her not want to go to the festival at all is just horrible :/
That really sucks. I'd like to think it's only a shitty minority of people that would do something like that though. It's understandable that your friend would need to sell her ticket to replace the tablet but I hope it won't put her off festivals altogether. They're full of good folks that just want to share a great time. Just a shame that it's a rule of life to always be on guard against the asshole 1%.