MAIN SCREEN / DISCO CLASH HELP

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: MAIN SCREEN / DISCO CLASH HELP

Post by bounce08 »

morralex wrote:toying with the idea of watching nekromantik over faults now that jorg is attending. Anyone know anything about faults/is it any good?

also, may go for nightmare over open windows and the latter seems like it could be a bit of a mess from the trailer. not sure on that one though either.

any help welcomed. thanks.
Faults has been mentioned in a few critics' "Top 5 Most Anticipated" films for FF so it must have something in it and has been getting a good bit of buzz recently. Decent cast too with a modern legend in Leland Orser but also Lance Reddick and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. It should be one of the better films of the weekend.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

yeah i've seen it's got good reviews but i am torn cos i think jorg talking about nekro might be the one...
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

bounce08 wrote:
morralex wrote:toying with the idea of watching nekromantik over faults now that jorg is attending. Anyone know anything about faults/is it any good?

also, may go for nightmare over open windows and the latter seems like it could be a bit of a mess from the trailer. not sure on that one though either.

any help welcomed. thanks.
Faults has been mentioned in a few critics' "Top 5 Most Anticipated" films for FF so it must have something in it and has been getting a good bit of buzz recently. Decent cast too with a modern legend in Leland Orser but also Lance Reddick and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. It should be one of the better films of the weekend.
I'd go for the Nekromantik showing. Faults does look good and its been getting reasonably strong reviews but since there's going to be nobody in attendance it was relatively easy for me to pass up in favour of the Nightmare on Elm Street showing introduced by Robert Englund. Faults also looks to be a slow-burning psychological horror and I find those don't benefit from the Frightfest crowd as much as films that feature gore, shocks and craziness.

Two I'm still torn on are Shockwave Darkside vs. Julia vs. R100 and Dead Snow 2 vs. Wolfcop. Shockwave Darkside is an unknown quantity which looks like it could easily be terrible, but the writeup sounds so bizarre that it seems intriguing, and it is a World Premiere with the director in attendance. I'll probably wait for reports on the day from Screen 6 denizens and then try to get tickets for one of the other two if it sounds bad. Dead Snow 2 vs. Wolfcop is harder because they both sound like they're going to be a big hit with the Frightfest crowd.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

ChrisReynolds wrote:Two I'm still torn on are Shockwave Darkside vs. Julia vs. R100
If you liked American Mary, go with Julia from this selection. In fact go with Julia anyway, it's great. I wouldn't bother with R100 unless you like really off the wall movies, and it's not horror by any stretch of the imagination. More like a comedy fantasy drama.
ChrisReynolds wrote:Dead Snow 2 vs. Wolfcop
I haven't seen Dead Snow 2, but I'm putting my faith in it to be a real crowd pleaser. Wolfcop was better than I expected, but didn't blow me away.
staineve
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by staineve »

My big clash quandary is going to be Open Windows versus Nightmare on Elm Street with Robert Englund in attendance.

I have really high hopes for Open Windows but could be building myself up for disappointment, and would be seriously mad at myself if I missed the Elm Street screening for something that wasn't excellent. :s
twitter: @staineve
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Malky wrote:I'm struggling between Digging up The Marrow or Life After Beth
A not-so-great review of LAB here:

http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2014/08/rev ... ng-zombie/
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Malky wrote:I'm struggling between Digging up The Marrow or Life After Beth
A not-so-great review of LAB here:

http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2014/08/rev ... ng-zombie/
Our guy wasn't so fussed with it either: http://www.horrortalk.com/movie-reviews ... eview.html

TBH, it's a rom-com with a zombie theme so if that's your bag then you'll enjoy it. It's very 'gentle' as far as zombie movies go. Watched it with the missus and she enjoyed it (she's not generally a horror fan).
verygoodyay
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by verygoodyay »

Help me out here, I can't decide whether to kick off my FrightFest with THE GREEN INFERNO or THE HONEYMOON. Also the HOUSEBOUND and WOLF COP clash is giving me headaches.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

verygoodyay wrote:Help me out here, I can't decide whether to kick off my FrightFest with THE GREEN INFERNO or THE HONEYMOON. Also the HOUSEBOUND and WOLF COP clash is giving me headaches.
Seeing as Green Inferno is having some distribution difficulties in the US, I'd go with that as it may be the only chance you have to see it. From the other two, I'd go for Housebound on personal preference.
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

Housebound or Exists?
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?