Finally

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Finally

Post by Kris »

So I can now actually get excited that FF is less than two weeks away - 2014 has been weird as normally i'm buzzing by this point but there's been a sense of indifference this year to the festival. Maybe it's just there's other stuff going on this year but now I am actually in what I call frightfest mode :D
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Finally

Post by benj »

I know what you mean about the indifference. For me, I think it's down to the smaller cinema experience this year which has me expecting it to feel more like doing the all-nighter for 5 days. It kind of feels like going from a cathedral to a village church.

Regardless, I'm hoping to be proven completely wrong and, like you, am starting to feel that old FF excitement as we get closer.
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scoutthehorizon »

I'm super glad to hear that Kris, it took me a little while to gear up this year but that was more personal things. Yes the move from Empire is a tad lame, but hey ho, as I put it in my FrightFest brochure article: Empire wasn't our home, just as the Odeon wasn't. It was just the house of frightfest. What makes a home is the family. So let's embrace the change & dec out the Vue with all the awesome it can be.
(If you couldnt tell, I too now have that frightfest buzz well and truly back)
mytwocentsfilm.wordpress.com

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

I was not really looking forward to the fest either as it's my first solo fest, it will be a smaller venue etc but now I am buzzing. I was planning to skip a few films just for the sake of my sanity. However with two weeks away I am planning to see every film (assuming I get tickets for all the Disco films I want to see).

Can. Not. Wait!
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

I've been counting down the days since i got my festival pass. Mangaged to get accommodation sorted etc just the daily checks on here and twitter for any news. Looking forward to the new venue and format
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Have to admit on a personal basis, because I had to miss the sleepy queue, the initial fiasco around the on-line seat booking soured it a little for me for several reasons, and stopped me getting immediately pepped up for the event ... but that's all behind us now.
Working out a viewing schedule (which is a must now, with no lazy sod-it-I'll-just-lounge-in-the-main-screen attitudes applicable) ... working around hard-choices ("Wolfcop" or "Dead Snow 2"?) ... looking at the guest list (Robert Frickin' Englund!!) ... catching some previews pre-fest ... growing anticipation on social media from the genre sites and film promotions ... second-guessing the hits and misses of the 5 days ... sorting out coverage and reviews for the most-deserving entries ... and pre-packing the suitcase (with my "Leave it to Zombeaver!" t-shirt taking pride of place on top) ... I'm really starting to get in the mood for the marathon weekend.
Even managed to luck out with a decent hotel at a stupid price on Trivago.
Less than 2 weeks ... bring it on!! :green: :twisted: :green:
MrsBBC
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by MrsBBC »

Finally....

awww, I thought that the TBC slot had been announced.
Maybe with The Loft finally getting released
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Oooops sorry
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Bigcat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Bigcat »

Getting very excited now too. Still not decided on which Disco films to see, the quality seems very high this year.

I went to the Vue last week to get an individual film for a friend and I have to say the staff were very helpful. The manager even came down to help me with my ticket and we had a good chat, he was very excited about FF and very knowledgeable which is a good omen.

The ticket I bought was for the Alan Moore screening and the manager told me he doesn't like to sign Watchmen stuff, so something to bear in mind if anyone's thinking of asking him to sign something.
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

I'm getting there but the saturday should be fun, the premiere of the NEW DOCTOR WHO series is being held at.... LEICESTER SQUARE!!!! Its not like that Saturday of FRIGHTFEST is a quiet one but with that going on in the SAME place, well... people thought it was going to be manic before... :D