Walking Dead

Re: FrightFest ticketing 2015

Post by Eddie Krueger »

valido wrote:Ok, so here's my experience up to now:

- I join the queue at 11.35, it says "12 minutes"
- I get in at 12:05
- I make my selection and confirm
- site gets stuck on loading the payment screen for a good 15 minutes
- suddenly the site refreshes and I'm back on the original queue, now saying "less than an hour"

All good? Is it the intended behaviour? :|
My exact experience too. Gutted.

I'd been able to choose pretty much exactly the seats I wanted too -- so cruel! :twisted:
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

Eddie Krueger wrote:And it did. Back in the queue again with an hour to go.

Sigh.
I read yesterday (Ian posted I think) that if you're on the buying section for longer than 15 mins then you're kicked out and put back to the end of the queue... So if we get stuck we have a long wait on our hands!
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

From the people i'm talking to the ticketing site doesn't like IE but had a friend waiting once in to select seats and it did come good in the end.

I was using chrome and i didnt have any issues. May be browser is important somewhat
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

jeneralrobin wrote:
Eddie Krueger wrote:And it did. Back in the queue again with an hour to go.

Sigh.
I read yesterday (Ian posted I think) that if you're on the buying section for longer than 15 mins then you're kicked out and put back to the end of the queue... So if we get stuck we have a long wait on our hands!
Yes, there was no way around it. The website froze trying to add the selected seats to the basket and then timed out. I knew not to try refreshing the page, so damned if I do...
SarahSmiley
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by SarahSmiley »

Please forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question that is answered elsewhere (I did look).

What exactly do you get with a festival pass (never gotten one before)? Is it a guaranteed seat in each screening? Or is it just for the main screen?

Just trying to work out the best way to do my tickets this year.
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

Got in eventurally, i also had problems with the screen trying to load after adding them to my basket. Ended up clicking cancel which took me to an error screen, then had a major panic and clicked the back button which then let me add the tickets to the basket again no problem.

I would say check you have the right screen displayed when choosing tickets - i chose Arrow on the first screen, then it took me through to the seating planning, which was for Arrow but said Film4 at the top, which was a bit worrying! I just changed the screen to Horror Channel then back to Arrow to get round this.

Good luck to everyone still queuing.
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

if you're on the buying section for longer than 15 mins then you're kicked out and put back to the end of the queu
I thought that the concept of having a queue was that if you pass it then you should be in a place where the server has no reason to get stuck again...
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

SarahSmiley wrote:What exactly do you get with a festival pass (never gotten one before)? Is it a guaranteed seat in each screening? Or is it just for the main screen?
Just the Main screen - then you can pick choose Discovery screen films at a later date.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Using Firefox.

Waited before 12 - it took about 40 mins.

Got straight on, selected seats in different screens without a problem.

Payment seems to have gone through and got confimration page (then a thank you page).

However - the print at home link is only bringing up a blank page at the moment.

Worked fairly well, hope everyone else succeeds in the end.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Ah, ignore me, its saved my tickets as PDF straight to my desktop...

Bit cheeky - it didn't even ask.
toby
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by toby »

If it just sits there when you try and add your tickets to the basket, then push the back button on your bowser until you're back at the pick day or festival pass and try again. It took me three goes to get my tickets but it did work inn the end.

If anyone's interested I had a debug window open and the add to basket http request was returning a java exception and a stack trace.
SarahSmiley
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by SarahSmiley »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
SarahSmiley wrote:What exactly do you get with a festival pass (never gotten one before)? Is it a guaranteed seat in each screening? Or is it just for the main screen?
Just the Main screen - then you can pick choose Discovery screen films at a later date.
And do you pay for those or is that covered by your pass?
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

If it just sits there when you try and add your tickets to the basket, then push the back button on your bowser
Too late for me now but thanks, it's useful
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

SarahSmiley wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:
And do you pay for those or is that covered by your pass?
No extra cost! :)
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
The main screen you choose (Film4, Horror or Arrow) that is your Screen and your own seat for the duration.

Discovery are available on 26th July - these are free (you will have to miss clashing films obviously) - think you just need your ticket ID (barcode) to get the Discovery tickets when they become available.