FrightFest ticketing 2015

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: FrightFest ticketing 2015

Post by sherbetbizarre »

wakko wrote:However, some of you are definitely overreacting with your drama. As we all know organising any event (film, music, etc.) is a right pain in the bum. I think sometimes you are more happy if you expect the worse and have a plan B.
When the agency described their system as "robust" which could "handle much larger events than FrightFest", we expected better!
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

bree1981 wrote:The frightfest guys have taken a bit of stick this weekend and to be fair most of it looks undeserved, from what I can tell by reading this thread everyone who wanted a ticket managed to get one
I think this is a fair comment. I know people may not have got the seat they really, really wanted, or may've missed the sleepy queue, or felt hard done by because there was no freebie thrown in (the sleepy queue film I believe you all used to get if you stood there), but to be honest surely they were just nice added extras anyway? When I've bought gig tickets in the past I haven't expected that I should therefore get a free download of the band's songs, or exclusive access to an album only created for certain people in the ticket queue or something :lol: .

The guys seem to get stick every single year for not selling tickets in the exacting way that the festivalgoers expect. This year actually seemed to go well in that, as Bree says, everyone who wanted one did end up with a ticket. Frightfest is a public event and when tickets are sold online all exclusivity of being able to choose your favourite seat goes out of the window if someone else has already chosen it, or if the system's having IP conflicts here there and everywhere because some idiots are trying to buy on four or five multiple devices like they're vying for Glastonbury or something. Yes, I agree with others, I think Ian you may have taken some comments as a personal attack and attacked back, which is a little off, but as I said above - my seats may not be perfect but I'm so glad that I have some and I am now just looking forward to being at the event with like minded fans and people who really care about the genre. I would be happy to use the same system year-on-year for FF, personally.
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

thatcambridgebird wrote:
bree1981 wrote:The frightfest guys have taken a bit of stick this weekend and to be fair most of it looks undeserved, from what I can tell by reading this thread everyone who wanted a ticket managed to get one
I think this is a fair comment.

The guys seem to get stick every single year for not selling tickets in the exacting way that the festivalgoers expect. This year actually seemed to go well in that, as Bree says, everyone who wanted one did end up with a ticket. Frightfest is a public event and when tickets are sold online all exclusivity of being able to choose your favourite seat goes out of the window if someone else has already chosen it, or if the system's having IP conflicts here there and everywhere because some idiots are trying to buy on four or five multiple devices like they're vying for Glastonbury or something. Yes, I agree with others, I think Ian you may have taken some comments as a personal attack and attacked back, which is a little off, but as I said above - my seats may not be perfect but I'm so glad that I have some and I am now just looking forward to being at the event with like minded fans and people who really care about the genre. I would be happy to use the same system year-on-year for FF, personally.
To be honest, if I'd ended up with the tickets I finally got on my very first attempt then I'd have been quite pleased with myself. Knowing how popular Frightfest is the fact I've got five of us sitting in the same screen and area in two clusters just a row apart is more than manageable. We'll just have to get the people sitting between us involved in all the before and after film chat now (whoever you are, you WILL join in ;)). So I'm certainly not diappointed in that respect.

Someone on the forum has already made the perfect analogy regarding the way the online sales went for many though. For a lot of us it was like queueing up at the actual box office and making it all the way to the front of the queue, booking your tickets, and handing over your credit card to pay, only to have a big burly bouncer clamp his hand down on your shoulder at the final second and say "right, off to the back of the queue with you" before dragging you off. If that happened in real life there would be fights and all sorts breaking out so it's not surprising there's some annoyance at how things went. For some. Not everyone had that experience.

And I do have a fair amount of sympathy for Ian. True, he could/should have phrased one or two of his responses better but I'm guessing he was as frustrated as the rest of us that things weren't going as perfectly as the ticketing agency had promised. In fact he lives less than half a mile from me so I'm sure, if I'd opened my window around 1pm on Saturday afternoon, and listened I would have heard cries of "NOOOOOOOO!!! NOT AGAIN FFS!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!" followed by sounds of his forehead slowly banging against a brick wall. I don't blame Ian. It's not his fault the ticket company couldn't live up to the 'we handle big events smoothly' promise. In fact, if you're reading this Ian, then I'll buy you a pint down the Winning Post next time I bump into you. You probably need one ;)

For what it's worth, I looked online yesterday and there were still a handful of weekend passes still available (right at the front and in the corners). And tomorrow I'll be online trying to get my Liverpool tickets. If people want to experience proper lenghty queuing times followed by a growing disappointment that everything's sold out then this is the only place to go.

Anyway, roll on Frightfest 2015. I'm up for it big time now.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

The Aylmer wrote:And tomorrow I'll be online trying to get my Liverpool tickets. If people want to experience proper lenghty queuing times followed by a growing disappointment that everything's sold out then this is the only place to go.
Just imagine what it'd be like if you supported a big club. ;)
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Regarding collecting passes, I booked 3 passes and have all the tickets to print on one page. My pals & I would preferably be able to collect our passes at different times. If we all have 3 copies of same sheet can we pick up one pass at a time? Or do I have to meet them so we can collect together?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered earlier.

The person who booked them needs to do the picking up cause it is there name on the tickets
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Malky wrote:Regarding collecting passes, I booked 3 passes and have all the tickets to print on one page. My pals & I would preferably be able to collect our passes at different times. If we all have 3 copies of same sheet can we pick up one pass at a time? Or do I have to meet them so we can collect together?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered earlier.
I've got four on one page - I was just going to cut them out...

Or I suppose you could just fold the page over till only your ticket/barcode was visible.
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

When we order our Discovery tickets does each pass holder have to log in seperately with their individual barcode? My man and
I have main screen seats together, but we would also like to be able to sit together in the Discovery screens. Both passes are booked in my name, so can I book our Discovery tickets together?
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

The Soapmaker wrote:
The Aylmer wrote:And tomorrow I'll be online trying to get my Liverpool tickets. If people want to experience proper lenghty queuing times followed by a growing disappointment that everything's sold out then this is the only place to go.
I walked straight into that didn't I?
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

The Aylmer wrote:
The Soapmaker wrote:
Don't worry, you never walk alone...
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

Critter Egg wrote:When we order our Discovery tickets does each pass holder have to log in seperately with their individual barcode? My man and
I have main screen seats together, but we would also like to be able to sit together in the Discovery screens. Both passes are booked in my name, so can I book our Discovery tickets together?
i have much the same question and just wanted to make sure this was seen - will we have to go through the queue/booking system for each discovery film for each person? for example is 2 people wanting to see 4 discovery films going to be 1 booking, 2 bookings (1 cart per person), 4 bookings (1 per film for 2 people), or 8 bookings?

Full instructions on how to get Discovery Screen tickets and when they will be available from will be published in due course
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

TheDukeAbides wrote:
The Aylmer wrote:
The Soapmaker wrote:
Don't worry, you never walk alone...
:p Thank you the Manchester contingent. I think I'd better cut my losses and... hold on, what am I saying? I'm just digging myself deeper with every sentence. It's getting a bit like Ryan Reynolds in Buried...