FrightFest ticketing 2015

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: FrightFest ticketing 2015

Post by MalJutley »

Ah yes a hotel.. i better sort that out!
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Done. Back at HHH again just for the convenience
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

yes i will probably go there as well!
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

Big lie in on Saturday 4th it is, then :).
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

I knew I shouldn't have splashed out £1.99 on a collapsible chair in preparation for this.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Ticket costs for 2015

Post by iomega »

A festival pass this year will cost £185. Day passes are Thursday - £30, Friday and Saturday £60, Sunday and Monday £50 and will only be available online.

Single tickets this year will be £13.25.

Festival and day pass sales will commence on July 4 at 10 AM and will only be available online. Single tickets will go on sale on July 18 through the VUE website, call centre and at the cinema for personal callers.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

It must feel great to have finally got all this decided, sorted and out of the way, and I haven't envied Ian and the team one bit - thanks for the info Ian and also for the fact that I can now get my FF pass whilst annihalating a room service breakfast, safe in the knowledge that we're all on a level playing field.

Lets hope it all goes well for everybody, and even if it doesn't I for one promise to keep the pissing and moaning to a minimum :).
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Good to have a plan.

Is the £185 the only fee to pay, there won't be any hidden charges - booking fee, postage, transaction fee, etc?

Loving the artwork too, will look good on a poster.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Thanks to the guys for getting the news out so early.
I know some of the regulars will be gutted by the extinction of the "Sleepy Queue", but having seen the gradual disintegration of some of the buildings around the square over the past year, and totally knowing what the area around the Vue is like post midnight on a non-school night ... it does make sense.
I was going to make a post-dawn appearance at the queue, but only because the Vue online booking was such a foul-up last year. Seeing that a 3rd party is now going to be responsible for that, I'm pretty confident that it will be less traumatic now.
Is it too early to get childishly excited?
Look forward to further announcements.... :)
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

TheDukeAbides wrote: Is the £185 the only fee to pay, there won't be any hidden charges - booking fee, postage, transaction fee, etc?
I'd like to know this too. I've not long booked all my Summer Screen tickets and Ticketmaster have already had enough out of my bank account in made up addons for the time being, or I'm hoping so anyway.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

And so it begins, like others I would also like to know about extras added to the bill, booking fees postage and so on..is the price of £185 the total cost of booking on-line.

I know this is in theory going to make things easier but people wont pay extra just because they have no choice. I know of several regulars who after last year are not coming at all and this hasn't really helped to entice them back.

do we know any other details about the booking process, there was talk of special codes for discovery screens and so on. now we now that festival passes an only be got on line can we at least know the process otherwise there could be unwanted surprises etc. etc.

I'm looking forward to the festival and waiting with baited breath for the programme, I just hope that we get tickets as avid fans, if we don't I will be seriously annoyed. I accept why this has been done, I like most just need that little bit of convincing.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

There will be a 5% booking fee, but no other charges. Tickets are print at home so no postage and no transaction fees.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Cheers Ian.

Is that 5% per ticket or per order?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

5% per ticket or per order comes to the same amount doesn't it?
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Well I'm not sure it is if you're buying more than one?

5% of the pass price (£185) is £9.24, making a festival pass £194.24 total. If the booking fee is 5% of the pass price per booking then 10 passes would be £1859.24, but if it's per ticket then they would be £1942.40.

Assuming each of the ten people wanting a pass would pay for themselves it wouldn't cost any individual any more so from that POV it's no different, but I think it's sharp practice at the very least to take nearly eighty quid more when the system doesn't have to do any more work booking them than it would for somebody just buying their own.