Best lineup yet?

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Best lineup yet?

Post by bacchus »

Wow.

First thoughts, how the hell am I going to fit so many films I want to see into that weekend? Fantastic looking films on all screens on every single day. Some real coups there too. HOWL World Premiere? Pretty good catch that! Surprised it's not on the main screen too. Initally, also ridiculously excited that THE HALLOW is showing too. Heard so many good things. Also very happy that EMELIE and CURVE are showing!

Best looking/sounding films for me for each day are:

Thursday
Cherry Tree (Main Screen)

Friday
Hellions (Main Screen)
We Are Still Here (Main Screen)
The Entity (Discovery 2)
Final Girl (Discovery 2)

Saturday
Shut In (Main Screen)
The Hallow (Discovery 1)
The Nightmare (Discovery 1)
Hangman (Discovery 2)

Sunday
Road Games (Main Screen)
Inner Demon (Main Screen)
Scherzo Diabolico (Main Screen)
Summer Camp (Discovery 1)
These Final Hours (Discovery 1)
Farhope Tower (Discovery 3)

Monday
Emelie (Main Screen)
Curve (Main Screen)
Night Fare (Main Screen)
Howl (Discovery 1)
Banjo (Discovery 3)
Bite (Discovery 3)
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Best lineup yet?

Post by bacchus »

Which is the 'best' day for you guys?

I'm finding it pretty tough deciding between Sunday and Monday. Both are packed with amazing looking films. Sunday has SCHERZO DIABOLICO, INNER DEMON and ROAD GAMES which all look great.

But I think Monday just edges it for me, with EMELIE, CURVE, NIGHT FARE and HOWL.

Yeah, definately Monday!
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

Have to say that Monday is by far the strongest for me too. Definately gonna get a day pass as 4 out of the main 5 films i really want to see. But HOWL, Wow! Gonna skip one of the movies to see that for sure. If you buy a day pass, can you buy discovery screen tickets in advance as well?

Hope so!
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

really difficult this year,I've already changed my plan twice, although there are some that are on my definite list, Howl being one, Christmas horror story looks fun,I think as most have said its Monday that probably has the best line up, but the discovery screens have so much choice..my brain is having trouble processing it all.After the Duke Mitchel thing last year which was a bit of a clicky thing,I haven't even thought about that.

Anyhow see you all there, and well which day is best for my costume and what to wear for opening night one wonders yes one wonders
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

I'm having similar dilemma's. Sunday and monday look pretty awesome...friday may be spent in the discovery screen's mainly....a formidable line up this year!
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

I think the lineup is incredibly strong. I worked out that the Arrow screen schedule suits me best and made my plan with that in mind, so it was fortunate that I got the seat I wanted as I didn't have any sort of contingency for the others :s.

I have one clash (Shut In or The Nightmare, although having now read a few reviews of the latter I think I'll go for the former) and one dead spot on the Saturday morning - I don't fancy Frankenstein and I've seen Tenderness of the Wolves, so I think I'll have a lie in and a massive fry on the way to town as the dinner break is quite late. I'm a little miffed that the Sunday is an early finish too, but there's bound to be a reason.

I'm normally in Discovery quite a lot, but I've found so many things I want to see in the main programme I've only got four planned outside it and I'm in the main screen all day on the Sunday. Have had a great time creating my provisional planner and colouring it in when I'm supposed to be working,too.
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

What's the special event going to be on August 30th Duke Mitchell/Discovery Screen? Very excited
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

My biggest decision is what to see for the 2nd to last film on the monday. Emilie sounds good but i've wanted to see goddess of love for a while now as I really like Jack Brooks monster slayer and The shrine. Then I read the synopsis for Curtain and watched the trailer and that just looks mental, and it probably has the most intersting and surreal plot of the whole fest. What to do?
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Weird isn't always good, for every ONE EYED MONSTER theres a RUBBER.

Must say the line up this year is belting and lots of dilemmas of what to see.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Monday is my dilemma too. I can't decide between Curve, Awaiting or Last Girl Standing
cphorror
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by cphorror »

When in doubt is IMDB scores a good way to go? (I know many movies haven't got them yet but just regarding those who do).
E.g. I saw Pod got a 6,3 rating (30 users) over Hellions 5,3 (70 users).

I think suggestion/recommendation lists like this is really helpful, but probably only if it's from someone who shares ones own taste in movies :D
How to know that?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

cphorror wrote:When in doubt is IMDB scores a good way to go?
Given that most IMDB users are gibbering idiots, no. ;)
cphorror
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by cphorror »

Ha ha I'm probably one of them and not sure you're entirely right, The Babadook got a nice score of almost 7 and that's a great movie. But what else is there to go by? Trailers? Some of them tells you nothing (I wonder why they even bother making them).

What is the fastest way to determine if you share taste in movies with someone? I imagine at least 3 questions, but are they:
Supernatural or gore?
All time favourite horror movie?
Best horror movie in recent years?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

cphorror wrote:Ha ha I'm probably one of them and not sure you're entirely right
Ah you're probably not one of the 'most' I was referring to then. ;)

FWIW, Rotten Tomatoes aggregates critic reviews so *might* give a better indication.

Hellions Currently -1/10 :o

Nothing for POD yet.

But again, it's all subjective opinion at the end of the day.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Bite plays in Discovery on the Monday. Last night, at its Fantasia premiere in Montreal, Co-Director Mitch Davis wrote on Facebook:
Mitch Davis
I leave the BITE premiere for all of ten minutes and the following text lights up my phone: "2 people,fainted. One girl is puking and another hit his head on stairs". Truth.
...followed by a pic of an awaiting ambulance with its flashers on :eek: