Screens. In the case of festival passes, holders are entitled to tickets for
the duration of the festival. Day pass holders for screenings on the day that
they are attending. Please remember that tickets are allocated on a first
come first served basis.
In a first for FrightFest, from the 23rd of August using your ticket number,
which can be found under the barcode, and surname printed on tickets, be
able to through the FrightFest website select the seats of your choice for our
Discovery Screen films.
as i say, i am reading into it that this is added to your itinerary - i have no idea whether you reserve the seats but then are expected to collect another physical ticket later. i would only guess not because by reserving seats but deciding to just let the tickets slide at the last moment you have done someone out of seat in discovery and i guess someone else could have had your empty seat in the main screen?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: New to Vue info

Post by DJBenz »

ian wrote:as i say, i am reading into it that this is added to your itinerary - i have no idea whether you reserve the seats but then are expected to collect another physical ticket later. i would only guess not because by reserving seats but deciding to just let the tickets slide at the last moment you have done someone out of seat in discovery and i guess someone else could have had your empty seat in the main screen?
Ah gotcha, cheers. I'd imagine you'd have to collect your ticket from the machines anyway, otherwise how are they going to know on the door of the Disco screen that you've pre-booked? Anyone could rock up with a festival pass and get in.

I'd anticipate it working like this: book your disco tickets online from 23rd August. When you get there, go to the automated ticket machines and it'll spit out your disco tickets when you scan your barcode. Take disco tickets to disco screen and enjoy.

There's not an issue leaving your main screen seat empty, it's yours for the duration - they won't sell it to someone else while you're in the disco screen (although it's not uncommon that someone might sit there if it's empty and a good seat ;) )
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

DJBenz wrote:There's not an issue leaving your main screen seat empty, it's yours for the duration - they won't sell it to someone else while you're in the disco screen (although it's not uncommon that someone might sit there if it's empty and a good seat ;) )
oh ok, i didnt know how that worked. i think my seats are quite good but i intend to be in them bar 3 or maybe 4 discovery films.

as for collecting tickets, what you say makes sense. just hope the ticketing system doesn't fall over on aug 23rd!
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

You haven't quite got this right. We will not be using the cinemas automatic ticket machines. Not sure where you picked this up. We didn't use them last year.

Learning for some of the issues of the past weekend, we are polishing the system a little to iron out a few rough edges. Don't worry about this at the moment. We will let everyone know how it's all going to work in plenty time to get discovery screen tickets.
cunningham_A
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by cunningham_A »

Critter Egg wrote:
zappa fan wrote:26th of July
Is this the date for Discovery tickets? My passes say Disco tickets can be ordered from 23rd August - can anyone confirm? I wonder if it will be the same ticketing system and if they will have fixed the wheel of death by then ...
They are having a disco too? :p
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

As long as its not queing up again at the ice cream counter for hours
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com