New to Vue info

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

New to Vue info

Post by jeneralrobin »

Hey! I'm planning to get a festival pass this year and though I've been before, it was when it was at Empire... I've been searching the forum for an 'idiot's guide' to how it works now there are SIX SCREENS (!!) and so much to see.
Am I right that you buy your weekend pass for one of the main screens, to have your seat for the whole 5 days, then book discovery screen tickets separately? (and don't move between the 3 main screens?)

So effectively you have your seat, but plan what you don't mind missing when it clashes with something you like in the discovery screen?

If I've missed a post or a FAQ topic for 2015 please shout :)

Super excited to return, have the programme all ready to plan the 5 days so just want to check I'm not too far off the mark with how it's working nowadays! Hotel also booked, let's go!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: New to Vue info

Post by DJBenz »

You have a fixed seat in one of the three main screens, and you can book tickets for the Discovery screens as and when you want.

Also, remember it's not just screens at the Vue, the PCC (Prince Charles Cinema, round the corner) is hosting one of the Discovery strands.
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

Thank you for clarifying :)
So I don't pre-book discovery screen tickets before? (i.e. when I buy the festival ticket on Saturday) we just see what we fancy at the time?

One last thing - do we pick individual seats or are they done in blocks and then the seat numbers allocated?

Welcome back. We look forward to seeing you in August. You pretty much have it spot on. It's a little different for what you will remember, but it worked well last year. The big difference this year is the addition of our Discovery Screen at the Prince Charles giving FrightFesters more choice.\\
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

jeneralrobin wrote:Thank you for clarifying :)
So I don't pre-book discovery screen tickets before? (i.e. when I buy the festival ticket on Saturday) we just see what we fancy at the time?

One last thing - do we pick individual seats or are they done in blocks and then the seat numbers allocated?

Welcome back. We look forward to seeing you in August. You pretty much have it spot on. It's a little different for what you will remember, but it worked well last year. The big difference this year is the addition of our Discovery Screen at the Prince Charles giving FrightFesters more choice.\\
Thank you Ian - it's going to be effing brilliant! Do you know which Vue screens the Film4/Arrow/Horror screens are going to be in this year please? I've seen a post about how it was last year, is it the same? (Film4 Vue 5, Arrow Vue 6, Horror Vue 7)
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

jeneralrobin wrote:So I don't pre-book discovery screen tickets before? (i.e. when I buy the festival ticket on Saturday)
I understand we will be able to pre-book them, but at a date nearer the festival.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

26th of July
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Yay so we all need a chat about what we want to see before this date?
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

Kris wrote:Yay so we all need a chat about what we want to see before this date?
With a combination of print outs, highlighters and film schedules I've picked what I'd like to see against whats in my main screen for all 5 days. It took me and my boyfriend 2 evenings to decide but it's done. If only I could put that much effort into other areas of my life... Could have been a doctor. :ugeek: :lol:
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

zappa fan wrote:26th of July
Is this the date for Discovery tickets? My passes say Disco tickets can be ordered from 23rd August - can anyone confirm? I wonder if it will be the same ticketing system and if they will have fixed the wheel of death by then ...
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Critter Egg wrote:
zappa fan wrote:26th of July
Is this the date for Discovery tickets? My passes say Disco tickets can be ordered from 23rd August - can anyone confirm? I wonder if it will be the same ticketing system and if they will have fixed the wheel of death by then ...
Sorry this has now been confirmed as the 23rd of Aug.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Last year the Disco screen tickets were available from 6pm the night before the film's screening at the automated ticket machines. Have we heard it's changing this year?
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

you mean an actual physical ticket? cos i dont know about that. however the day/festival passes explain that you can reserve tickets to discovery screen films as of Aug 23rd via the ticketing site and using the codes on the tickets under the barcodes.

edit: you might have meant for non-pass people. no idea about that either.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

ian wrote:you mean an actual physical ticket? cos i dont know about that. however the day/festival passes explain that you can reserve tickets to discovery screen films as of Aug 23rd via the ticketing site and using the codes on the tickets under the barcodes.

edit: you might have meant for non-pass people. no idea about that either.
No, I mean the principle last year was: you take your day/festival pass to the automated machines from 6.00pm the night before the (Discovery) film you want to see and you scan the barcode and are issued the ticket for the screening the next day.

At least I think that's how it worked. :s
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

well the way it reads this time is that you register online for the discovery films on aug 23rd using your pass number and they will have been added to your pass when you collect it come the festival.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

ian wrote:well the way it reads this time is that you register online for the discovery films on aug 23rd using your pass number and they will have been added to your pass when you collect it come the festival.
Where are you reading that? All I can find is this (granted, the info seems to be spread far and wide):

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/tickets.html
DISCOVERY SCREEN TICKETS FOR PASS HOLDERS

Festival and day pass holders are entitled, in the case of festival passes to free tickets to screenings in our Discovery Screens for the duration of the festival. For day pass holders, the same applies, but just for screenings on the day that a ticket has been purchased.

Tickets will are allocated on a first come first served basis.

To ease the acquisition of tickets, we will be putting in place an online system that enables pass holders to get tickets before arriving at the event in August.

Full details on how this will work will be posted here nearer the time.