Discovery screen tickets

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Discovery screen tickets

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Meanbobs wrote:FYI Bite is full
FFS. I've got one pass in there and am queuing at the moment to get my other pass in bite. So my wife and I will now be in different screens. Sigh.

EDIT: I meant Howl, not Bite, but that's sold out now too - so I'm in the same situation.

Anyone know if I can cancel my discovery ticket? We'd rather watch the same film.
Last edited by Eddie Krueger on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

Been queing since 9 05 and still showing less than 45 min wait ! Can't get in to buy anything !
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

Yep, whole thing went pretty smoothly for me this time. Perhaps too smoothly since some of the screenings I wanted to see had already sold out by the time I got to them :(

Does anyone know if there are there likely to be any extra screenings put on like in previous years? Personally, I'd love it if Bite got an extra screening somewhere.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Joined the queue around 9:40 and just got in.

EDIT: Booked OK, but can't get ticket pdf to load up for printing... guess that'll have to wait.
Last edited by jonbly on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

Had to queue for an hour, but managed to get the two Disco tickets I wanted (to replace two unappealing foreign films in the main screen).

Back in the queue for a speculative third ticket. The long queues are not ideal, but the site appears to be more stable now than it was earlier, and than it was the day the festival passes went on sale.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Eddie Krueger wrote:Anyone know if I can cancel my discovery ticket? We'd rather watch the same film.
I suspect you'll have to wait until you can talk to the FF box office at the festival.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

husky1 wrote:
The point about the screen at the Prince Charles is a good one, however it has always been made clear about the screenings being round the corner at the PCC...
Erm no it wasn't - I was only aware of this from the PCC newsletter two days ago, spoke to others who also only found out from the PCC newsletter
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

jonbly wrote:
Eddie Krueger wrote:Anyone know if I can cancel my discovery ticket? We'd rather watch the same film.
I suspect you'll have to wait until you can talk to the FF box office at the festival.
I think you're probably right. Thanks for the reply :)
Sue77
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Sue77 »

All went very smoothly and I managed to miss only one of my first choices, so well happy :D

I've printed my Discovery Screen tickets off and there are 4 to a page. Do we need to cut these into individual strips for each individual film?

Cheers :)

Good idea
PodOfHorrorsBoz
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by PodOfHorrorsBoz »

:evil:

So I have to say that this years ticketing has been a massive improvement overall on my experiences last year but as of right now I am really rather gutted :(

I desperately wanted to see Howl and after being shown that sneak peak last year I am absolutely stunned that it is not one of the main screen films. Add to that I just waited an hour to try and get discovery screen tickets and it is sold out!!

If it is so popular that the tickets are gone within 2 hours then surely it needs a second screening or bumping up to the main screens.

Not angry just really disappointed :(
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Only one wee problem I see with single tickets having allocated seating and use FFers having unallocated...

Unless they know the score of FF, some attendees will turn up expecting there to have been 20 mins of ads/trailers, queue a few FFers who've innocently sat in an unoccupied seat, only having to move sometime into the movie.

Minor quibble though.
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

The one film I really wanted in the whole of frightfest was Howl, but because of this poxy system, I have now lost my chance.

Been online since 9am and after being thrown out 3 times, I eventually got though and its sold out. Gonna try one last time and actually try to pay for a normal ticket, but I have my doubts.

Seriously thinking of selling my Monday day pass cos I don't want to be around when everyone is enjoying what was gonna be the best film of the weekend because of this poxy system.
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

PodOfHorrorsBoz wrote::evil:

So I have to say that this years ticketing has been a massive improvement overall on my experiences last year but as of right now I am really rather gutted :(

I desperately wanted to see Howl and after being shown that sneak peak last year I am absolutely stunned that it is not one of the main screen films. Add to that I just waited an hour to try and get discovery screen tickets and it is sold out!!

If it is so popular that the tickets are gone within 2 hours then surely it needs a second screening or bumping up to the main screens.

Not angry just really disappointed :(
Couldn't agree more POD. Sort it out Frightfest or at least tell us when its gonna be released at the cinema or on DVD. This film should have been in the main screen!
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

TheDukeAbides wrote:Only one wee problem I see with single tickets having allocated seating and use FFers having unallocated...

Unless they know the score of FF, some attendees will turn up expecting there to have been 20 mins of ads/trailers, queue a few FFers who've innocently sat in an unoccupied seat, only having to move sometime into the movie.

Minor quibble though.
There are normally rows for pass holders so just sit in those rows. I did a few disco films last year and it was better than the main screen for late comers.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

scarebear wrote:The one film I really wanted in the whole of frightfest was Howl, but because of this poxy system, I have now lost my chance.

Been online since 9am and after being thrown out 3 times, I eventually got though and its sold out. Gonna try one last time and actually try to pay for a normal ticket, but I have my doubts.

Seriously thinking of selling my Monday day pass cos I don't want to be around when everyone is enjoying what was gonna be the best film of the weekend because of this poxy system.
After last years chaos, this year I bought single tickets for the ones I really want to see (got them a couple of weeks back) mate its worth doing for something you really want to see. It's a shame to spend even more money but to get a proper allocated seat and to see something you've been waiting for its worth it!