Discovery screen tickets

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
bree1981
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Discovery screen tickets

Post by bree1981 »

It took my 2 hours (which isn't too bad) and I'm pretty happy that I got most of the tickets I wanted, got 4 Disco tickets for 3 people on the Firiday and 3 Disco tickets for 3 people on the Saturday, Sunday we don't plan on leaving the main screen which left Monday as the only day I'm slightly disappointed with, only managed to get 2 tickets to Banjo and 1 a piece for Howl and Bite but them's the breaks, will just have to decide whether we want to split up or just forgo the Disco tickets that day, after all Night Fare, Nina Forever and Curve don't sound like bad second options.
ThanaNiveau
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ThanaNiveau »

HOWL was the film I wanted to see most of all and I was also surprised it's not on the main screen. I was lucky enough to get a ticket (and I was going to buy one if not), but I feel the pain of those who are missing it. :( I had to sacrifice one of my other main choices (LAST GIRL STANDING) because it starts only 10 minutes after HOWL and I absolutely can't miss the Q&A/DESCENT cast reunion. Hopefully HOWL will get a mainstream release and LAST GIRL STANDING will make it onto DVD soon after...
Last edited by ThanaNiveau on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I delight in what I fear.
- Shirley Jackson
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

Got in finally - all seems to be quite slick and helpful once you get in. Just to flag that there are tickets for Howl still available to buy if anyone missed out on the free ones - that's what I've just done.
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

EvilAsh wrote:
scarebear wrote:The one film I really wanted in the whole of frightfest was Howl, but because of this poxy system, I have now lost my chance.

Been online since 9am and after being thrown out 3 times, I eventually got though and its sold out. Gonna try one last time and actually try to pay for a normal ticket, but I have my doubts.

Seriously thinking of selling my Monday day pass cos I don't want to be around when everyone is enjoying what was gonna be the best film of the weekend because of this poxy system.
After last years chaos, this year I bought single tickets for the ones I really want to see (got them a couple of weeks back) mate its worth doing for something you really want to see. It's a shame to spend even more money but to get a proper allocated seat and to see something you've been waiting for its worth it!
You are quite right just paid for one, but only 10 left!
cphorror
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by cphorror »

Not happy with the discovery screen ticket system. You should be able to get 2 tickets at at time. Seems it wasn't just me that only got solo tickets to some of the sold out screenings, but don't want to watch the movies alone..

Is any one interested in swapping a ticket to Bite for one to The Hallow?
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

ThanaNiveau wrote:and I absolutely can't miss the Q&A/DESCENT cast reunion.
...what/when?
ThanaNiveau
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ThanaNiveau »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
ThanaNiveau wrote:and I absolutely can't miss the Q&A/DESCENT cast reunion.
...what/when?
It was mentioned on Twitter - the HOWL Q&A - Shauna MacDonald, Myanna Buring, Nora Jane Noone and Saskia Mulder will all apparently be there.

(Although now I can't find the tweet - it was around the 20th that I saw it.)
Last edited by ThanaNiveau on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
I delight in what I fear.
- Shirley Jackson
PodOfHorrorsBoz
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by PodOfHorrorsBoz »

Got in twice to buy single tickets for howl but the checkout system fails then boots me back out :(

Having a bad day it seems
The Ape
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by The Ape »

So...

A friend of mine booked the festival passes, he then forwarded the barcode etc on to me to get my Disc tickets. I did all the login, put in my barcode etc and nabbed my tickets - no problem, v smooth, most impressed.

The problem comes because my friend also sent me his barcode and said could I sort his tickets too. So I dutifully queued back in, but the site wouldn't let me input a different barcode, it just logged back in as me. I hit logout and waited through another queue but it was still logged in as me. So I thought I'd see if I could book his films (many are the same choice as mine), and it did. This means I've managed to book more than one ticket for the same disc film on my single fest pass barcode, and I can't see that going down well. The last thing I want is to turn up to a disc screen and have one of us turned away cos both tix are on the same pass.

What's going on? Somebody please help.

Ape
PodOfHorrorsBoz
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by PodOfHorrorsBoz »

PodOfHorrorsBoz wrote:Got in twice to buy single tickets for howl but the checkout system fails then boots me back out :(

Having a bad day it seems
Third time lucky.

There are a few left still if a howl is in your wish list but it's gonna cost ya :)
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

Anybody having any luck with the Saturday day pass tickets?
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I've found this better than getting up at 8am every morning to queue up at the empire or to spend ages in a queue last year to try and get what we want. With a few tweaks this could be an optimum system for disco tickets.

Found this year hard to decide what I want and I think it was mentioned on here that some showings aren't far off a DVD release to so that has swayed me somewhat.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

EvilAsh wrote:
husky1 wrote:
The point about the screen at the Prince Charles is a good one, however it has always been made clear about the screenings being round the corner at the PCC...
Erm no it wasn't - I was only aware of this from the PCC newsletter two days ago, spoke to others who also only found out from the PCC newsletter
We knew when we got our passes and Ian has said several times about this
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

husky1 wrote:
EvilAsh wrote:
husky1 wrote:
The point about the screen at the Prince Charles is a good one, however it has always been made clear about the screenings being round the corner at the PCC...
Erm no it wasn't - I was only aware of this from the PCC newsletter two days ago, spoke to others who also only found out from the PCC newsletter
You are the only person I've heard say that, not seen it anywhere until the PCC email two days ago. I'm on the Facebook group and follow the twitter. Not seen it at all and I know I'm not the only one.
bree1981
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bree1981 »

husky1 wrote:
EvilAsh wrote:
husky1 wrote:

You are the only person I've heard say that, not seen it anywhere until the PCC email two days ago. I'm on the Facebook group and follow the twitter. Not seen it at all and I know I'm not the only one.
I'm not sure about twitter or Facebook but it has been mentioned on this forum a few time and the fact it's called Discovery At the Prince Charles kind of gives it away.