Discovery screen tickets

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Discovery screen tickets

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

Literally having no luck with this whatsoever, keeps wanting money and also keeps kicking me out to the back of the queue.

Any hints guys? Got a day pass for each day not a festival pass...
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
missgotty
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by missgotty »

I've been on since 9am and kicked out 3 times with Status 404 error! Another "over and hour left" to go! :x
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Living_Dead_Girl wrote:
Is unallocated seating just for pass holders? I am not a pass holder and I booked single disco tickets a while back and picked seats, I will still have those seats right?
Also as it's not really been mentioned the Prince Charles Cinema Screen, that will be at the Vue or The PCC?
Yeah I got my normal Prince Charles Cinema email and it sounds like it's at the PCC. Which hasn't been mentioned by the guys at all (would have been nice to have been told that!) It means we get to 'go home' to where we started but kinda takes it away from being a festival at the vue. It should have been mentioned it wasn't a screen with everyone else at the vue.
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

Meanbobs wrote:
jonbly wrote:
maxmum wrote:What's the score if I book another screen and the alternative movie is rubbish? Can I go back to my main screen seat or is it sold on?
I'm 99.999% positive that your main screen seat will be sold on (if there's demand).
I'm 100% certain it won't.
Meanbobs is right. Your main screen seat is not filled. It's yours for the duration. :D Ian's answered this previously in a forum thread (can't remember which!)
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

No so. Seating is unallocated.
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

This is bollocks!

I had no problem getting my day pass on this website but twice now ive got to my discovery ticket booking for Howl only for it to demand money and then throw me out.

Cant be bothered anymore to be sitting by the computer waiting an hour each time, so just have to hope Howl gets released in the cinema.

Bad form Frightfest - bad.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

AnotherSchmuck wrote:Literally having no luck with this whatsoever, keeps wanting money and also keeps kicking me out to the back of the queue.

Have you entered your surname and ticket number/s?

If you click on the passholders option maybe that also applies to day ticket holders? It was when I accidentally clicked on single tickets that I got the 'pay' option.
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Just a word of caution that I hope may help others. As you can only allocate your discovery tickets to one festival pass at a time, get other people to queue or fire up a machine for each ticket.

Once you've done one allocation to a pass you have to queue again to do the next ticket. I thought I'd be able to stay in the system and do my wife's ticket after I'd done mine (or vice versa) but you can't.

I hope this helps someone.

Nice and smooth this time though. Good job all.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Was easy for me, but one of my mates is having difficulties as it won't accept my surname, but he is definitely has a different ticket number to the one I used. Although he's at work now so will have to wait til this evening.
bree1981
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bree1981 »

Bite and Howl now appear to be sold out.
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

This system worked really well.

FYI Bite is full - got one ticket, but by the time I logged on with another pass all of the seats had been taken. Should be a fun screening.
I forgot to book up a Future Shock 2000AD seat for one of my party's passes. i can't be bothered to wait for another hour so I'm going to have a lie-in on that day!
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

Bearded Avenger wrote:
AnotherSchmuck wrote:Literally having no luck with this whatsoever, keeps wanting money and also keeps kicking me out to the back of the queue.

If you click on the passholders option maybe that also applies to day ticket holders? It was when I accidentally clicked on single tickets that I got the 'pay' option.
I've got three seperate days passes, it now works perfectly for 2/3 days then on the Saturday it's not showing the pass holders option.. i'm stumped!

AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

Bearded Avenger wrote:

I've got three seperate days passes, it now works perfectly for 2/3 days then on the Saturday it's not showing the pass holders option.. i'm stumped!

husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

Right me again, lets clear this up now,your main screen seat is yours for the duration of the festival if you have a festival pass, or in the case of a day pass the day stated on the pass. You cannot change seats in your screen or move to another just because you don't like that film.

Discovery screens are for pass holders unallocated so you can sit in any available seat, individual film ticket holders can only sit in their allocated seat and these are only for the film on the ticket.

I am sure I will be challenged on this but I am pretty sure thats how it works.

The point about the screen at the Prince Charles is a good one, however it has always been made clear about the screenings being round the corner at the PCC...I agree that is takes away the festival feeling as not everything is at the vue but there must be a valid reason,don't know what it is but there must be one..it does mean possible rushing around to get to screenings in different cinemas but needs must.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Meanbobs wrote:This system worked really well.

FYI Bite is full - got one ticket, but by the time I logged on with another pass all of the seats had been taken. Should be a fun screening.
I forgot to book up a Future Shock 2000AD seat for one of my party's passes. i can't be bothered to wait for another hour so I'm going to have a lie-in on that day!
Thanks for the update. I booked 5 tickets very smoothly after a 25 minute wait. I got everything I wanted and it all worked very well. But I had a last-minute internal argument in choosing "Curve" over "Bite". No point queuing again for that single film then...

Incidentally, my PDF ticket for "Pod" has it as "Pod?"
Somebody not sure about that title? :)