Frankenstein screening swap

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Frankenstein screening swap

Post by AdeBrown »

(maybe if I re-title this it'll attract attention. And be more accurate.)

Wider question: I know there's no refunds, but is it possible to change tickets I have bought for a different screening?

eg I have two for Saturday afternoon (15:15) seats for Frankenstein, and would prefer to attend the 1045 screening as I have to be somewhere else on Saturday evening.

If I can't swap (at the Vue in person) I might just turn up on spec.
Last edited by AdeBrown on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Question about tickets purchased

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Presumably not officially as I don;t see how that would work.

I was going to ask people I knew if there were any films that they weren't interested in and wanted to swap seets where there were a couple of films I wanted to see on 2 screens (or 3 screens at one point).

That's the trouble with the disco screen - choice is a good thing unless the film you want to watch are on at the same time. There are some main screen films I have no interest in, but they're not on when anything I really want to see is on the disco screens. 6 or so disco films I want to see but I may not bother as I'll just miss something that looks good on the main screen. Personally I'd ditch the disco screens. It's not like a music festival where they have different types of bands playing at different times - ie main stage metal, second stage dance or whatever- they're all horror films.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Bearded Avenger wrote:Presumably not officially as I don;t see how that would work.

I was going to ask people I knew if there were any films that they weren't interested in and wanted to swap seets where there were a couple of films I wanted to see on 2 screens (or 3 screens at one point).

That's the trouble with the disco screen - choice is a good thing unless the film you want to watch are on at the same time. There are some main screen films I have no interest in, but they're not on when anything I really want to see is on the disco screens. 6 or so disco films I want to see but I may not bother as I'll just miss something that looks good on the main screen. Personally I'd ditch the disco screens. It's not like a music festival where they have different types of bands playing at different times - ie main stage metal, second stage dance or whatever- they're all horror films.
The disco screens allow smaller films which may not be for everyone a chance to be shown. Quite often Disco films are my favourites of the festival.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

Well both screenings still have seats available so presumably the vue could switch them.

I am very pleased to have these screens, and as Malky says there have been some great moments in the Discovery screens.
Just the advance booking has me in a change of circumstances.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Malky wrote:
Bearded Avenger wrote:Presumably not officially as I don;t see how that would work.

The disco screens allow smaller films which may not be for everyone a chance to be shown. Quite often Disco films are my favourites of the festival.
If a film is good enough it should be on the main screen. I've never bought the line about it for being smaller films. Look at this year - The Hollow and Last Girl are really hyped films but are on the disco screens. It's more to make room when distributors insist that in order to show films A they also have to show crappy films B on the main screen.

Ended up booking 5 films and the Barbara Crampton Q&A. The one film on the Main Screen I decided to watch but have concerns about is Demonic - it was already in supermarket bargain bins when I was out in Finland last month.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Bearded Avenger wrote:
If a film is good enough it should be on the main screen. I've never bought the line about it for being smaller films. Look at this year - The Hollow and Last Girl are really hyped films but are on the disco screens. It's more to make room when distributors insist that in order to show films A they also have to show crappy films B on the main screen.

Ended up booking 5 films and the Barbara Crampton Q&A. The one film on the Main Screen I decided to watch but have concerns about is Demonic - it was already in supermarket bargain bins when I was out in Finland last month.
What's good for you might not be good for me. R100 is perfect example I saw it last year and loved it, but it was not for everyone. The year before Holliston was on a discovery screen as its a tv show, showing it on the main screen would have been sacrillige. On Tender Hooks is another great discovery screen film as its a documentary about body suspension.
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

Bearded Avenger wrote:Personally I'd ditch the disco screens. It's not like a music festival where they have different types of bands playing at different times - ie main stage metal, second stage dance or whatever- they're all horror films.
You can do that by just not going to the Discovery screens. Doesn't effect anybody else.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Demonic is alright
Now Last Girl should have been in the main screens, fantastic debut from Shields
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Malky wrote:
Agreed.

Borderlands
Stalled
Willow Creek

All amazing films, should have been on main screen but i'm getting better at spotting the donkeys when I make my choice. If we only had one screen and you didn't like the look of something then now you have plan B, C and D. That is a good thing

Next year I would like to see some films get a double showing such as HOWL and BITE even if it means less choice overall.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Kris wrote:
Malky wrote:
Agreed.

Borderlands
Stalled
Willow Creek

All amazing films, should have been on main screen but i'm getting better at spotting the donkeys when I make my choice. If we only had one screen and you didn't like the look of something then now you have plan B, C and D. That is a good thing

Next year I would like to see some films get a double showing such as HOWL and BITE even if it means less choice overall.
Just from last year, Honeymoon, The Canal, The Den and Creep deserved to show on the main screen more than many of the films that did.

Niche appeal films, divisive films and outright bad films I can understand showing on the discovery screen, but I often feel that low-budget films get shunted there unfairly.

I'd like to see an extra day added to the festival. There was certainly enough material for it this year.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Frankenstein screening swap

Post by AdeBrown »

An interesting tangent, almost deserving its own thread ;)

I asked the Vue people about changing the single tickets and they said they can't do that until Friday because that's when Saturday films come into their computer system in the cinema.

So, unless anyone wants to swap two later showings for two early ones, that's what I'll be doing.