We Are Still Here

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

We Are Still Here

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Just spent a bit too long getting going for my liking... and explained a bit too little along the way.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: We Are Still Here

Post by Alex J »

Heavily hyped, but didn't grab me as much as it seemed to for others. Thought some of the humour threatened to get a bit too silly for my liking given some of the seriousness of other scenes in the movie. I liked the "ghosts" but found some of the plot points stretched the internal logic of the film a bit too much. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

I loved this. The Dagmar family looked awesome and all the attack scenes were super creepy, especially when Larry Fessenden's son turned up with his girlfriend.

Loved the fulci style squishy finale too. Not a massive amount of depth to it, but definitely one of my favourites of this year.
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

Far too long to get going, those long shots of scenery and bits and pieces around the house are great in (very) small doses, but in all honesty this fairly short film could have been cut down to an hour. There wasn't really a lot going on for large portions of this and can't help but feel the director has instructed the editor to drag out certain shots just to add to the duration and make it "feature length". Barbara Crampton was great as always, but this felt like it was trying too hard.

5/10
Scrofulous Peasant
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Scrofulous Peasant »

This really worked for me. One of the few films this year that was actually SCARY. Successfully riffing on the style of Mr. Fulci. 8 / 10
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

Fell asleep in the middle of this, thanks mostly to feeling dog-rough after Jeruzalem's wobblefest and the oven-like temperatures in the Arrow screen.

I hadn't been grabbed too much by the first half hour or so that I remember, but I'll watch it again and persevere after reading the rest of this; I did wake up in time to see some squishy stuff, but my brain had retired for the evening and I have no idea what the context was. I did enjoy the Fulci 'look' of it.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Out on DVD next month, but if you want a UK Blu-Ray, Zavvi have a limited edition...

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/we-are-sti ... 76237.html
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

sherbetbizarre wrote:Out on DVD next month, but if you want a UK Blu-Ray, Zavvi have a limited edition...

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/we-are-sti ... 76237.html
Good old Zavvi, they seem to be the horror fans' friend when it comes to limited Blu-ray releases we wouldn't normally get.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Studio Canal.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey