Demonic

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Demonic

Post by jonbly »

6/10 - Managed to stay interesting despite coming in after everyone's been murdered. But all a bit by the numbers, despite a decent twist. Bad guy is just a bit too powerful for the plot...
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Demonic

Post by Alex J »

I really liked a lot about this movie, but felt the ending somewhat undermined what went before. The more you think about it the less it makes sense. Agree with the earlier post that the "evil" seemed overpowered for the plot. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

Given that this was the Weinsteins asking James Wan for some bottom of the Saw/Inisdious idea barrel scrapings I was expecting this to be utter rubbish, but it wasn't bad. The teenagers weren't that irritating, having Frank Grillo and Maria Bello helped, and the intercutting of the timelines was reasonably competent.

The plot was pretty dumb though, and the total lack of gore will allow them to secure their coveted PG13 certificate. Still better than Cherry Tree though.....
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Run-of-the-mill okayness with Wan's name attached to ensure good dvd rentals. Didn't like the revelation in the first 5 mins of who lives and who dies (barring the SAW trademark closing scene "twist"). Had its moments and was a reasonable afternoon bit of main screen filler.
grzegorz
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by grzegorz »

run of the mill is right. it has all the markings of the blumhouse productions, so sitting down one knows exactly what to expect. meh...

not to mention early twenties characters trying to channel some charisma and authority on any given topic - "oh yes, we are investigators, we know our stuff and all"
Tyrannosaurus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Tyrannosaurus »

Sometimes, films like the Fright Night remake and Sinister, films I wouldn't bother with at all normally, prove fairly good and I'm left surprised. But this, I expected it to be easily the day's worst movie by a big margin and nothing changed, not even taking the much-maligned Hellions into account.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

My God this was one of the most tedious films I have ever watched in my life :- Talk about boring. Im so glad I watched it online for free and didn't buy a ticket for £13.25. I couldn't come to FF on that day so watched it at home. Thank f**k I did because I would have been majorly pissed off otherwise.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

BabyJaneHudson wrote:Im so glad I watched it online for free
Yeah, that's the spirit...

:roll:
Tyrannosaurus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Tyrannosaurus »

BabyJaneHudson wrote:Im so glad I watched it online for free and didn't buy a ticket for £13.25.
This kind of "I want it so I deserve it" attidute is frankly disgusting.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Looks like we were one of the few to see this on the big screen -

http://www.indiewire.com/article/max-la ... r-20160316
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Amazon Prime and Icon.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey