Air Con

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Air Con

Post by Jon H »

Any chance of any air con in the Film 4 screen today? To quote 'We are still here' - "it's like 100 degrees in here!"
Stephen with ph
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Air Con

Post by Stephen with ph »

Seconded!
Grimoire
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Grimoire »

Yep, the failure of air con is a real issue for me - the excessive heat makes even the best films a test of endurance. Please turn it up!!!
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

This would be one of my only complaints about the weekend - and I know the guys ended up acknowledging it more than once, and got in an emergency engineer (or rather, got Vue to). By the time Deathgasm came round, which I'd been looking forward to all day, I just wanted to go back to the hotel because I felt so sticky and hot and gross. It was a real shame Vue couldn't have got their shit together sooner - I don't blame the guys, it's not their building - it just seemed to take nearly 24 very uncomfortable hours to sort it out.

My only other complaint would be some of the Vue staff, who seemed to stand round watching large food and drink queues build up without opening other tills up once it got beyond about 9pm. Maybe we were just unlucky, or maybe their policy is to wind down their service after a certain time, but surely if you know there's screens filled with FrightFesters who'll be out on breaks and wanting refreshments, you put more than two tills on, at 10pm on a Saturday when general films are also still showing. Oh...and what was it with them stopping cash sales around that time, too? Ah well.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

thatcambridgebird wrote:My only other complaint would be some of the Vue staff, who seemed to stand round watching large food and drink queues build up without opening other tills up once it got beyond about 9pm. Maybe we were just unlucky, or maybe their policy is to wind down their service after a certain time, but surely if you know there's screens filled with FrightFesters who'll be out on breaks and wanting refreshments, you put more than two tills on, at 10pm on a Saturday when general films are also still showing. Oh...and what was it with them stopping cash sales around that time, too? Ah well.
I'll add to that: trying to buy ice-cream tubs at the upstairs bar and being told "it's out of order". If it's out of order, then all that ice-cream should be thrown away if it's spoiled (so people don't try to buy it), and if it's not spoiled then it's not "out of order" so can I have my peanut butter cup Ben & Jerry's please?

Also, over-zealous "cleaning" in the breaks between films. I lost an almost full bottle of water from the cupholder, and my umbrella by foolishly thinking that it might be safe to leave them there, seeing as the majority of people were in the same seats all weekend. Got the brolly back by asking downstairs, small victory I guess.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

DJBenz wrote:
Also, over-zealous "cleaning" in the breaks between films. I lost an almost full bottle of water from the cupholder
Yup. I'll agree with that! I mean, a clean screening room is lovely, don't get me wrong. But I also lost a 3/4's full bottle of 2-fucking-pounds-99 water when the cleaning team threw it away - despite it being in the cupholder attached to the seat that I'd left my entire rucksack on!! I'm amazed my rucksack wasn't chucked away, by the sounds of it!

A definite note to myself for next year is to be much more brazen about taking in my own stuff - water, snacks, booze and so on. We had wine with us, but £2.99 for a 750ml bottle of water was a shocker. At one point on the Saturday I got me and the other half a bottle of water each cos of the heat in the screen, and a pack of caramel bite things to share. It was £14.97 in total. I suspect I was completely fleeced, because there's no way a pack of those little cadbury caramel bites is over £7, even in London! Stupidly I just handed over my card and the price didn't fully register in my head until we'd left that evening. :roll:
HannahNoir
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by HannahNoir »

I was charged £2.99 for some hot water!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

thatcambridgebird wrote:A definite note to myself for next year is to be much more brazen about taking in my own stuff - water, snacks, booze and so on.
After being charged £3.99 for a standard can of red-bull I vowed not to buy anything else in there. I know there's an argument for supporting the cinema, but their prices take the fucking piss.

Pro-tip: walk directly across the square towards the Radisson, turn left where Subway is on the corner and about halfway along there's a tiny newsagents which is much more reasonably priced and you'll probably be served quicker than waiting at the Vue.
werewolf78
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by werewolf78 »

best bet is just take 5min walk up to piccadilly circus and go to the tesco metro on the corner,