Jeruzalem

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Jeruzalem

Post by jonbly »

6/10 - The location shots were great, but the increasingly deranged wobble-cam made the second half all but unwatchable. Effects seemed good enough. Wasted opportunity.
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Jeruzalem

Post by Lunny68 »

This could've been a real cracker without the shaky cam. At the Q&A, the directors claimed that it was the best way to involve the audience in a movie. No. The best way is to make something watchable.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

It was among the better 'found footage' films. Imagine how good it could have been without the shaky camera.
anaana
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by anaana »

Fun enough. Too much like Cloverfield, with the happy party atmosphere suddenly turning into unexpected monster action. Good, interesting characters and good pace.

6.5/10
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

It wouldnt be a bad idea for FF to get on board the Cultural Boycott of Israeli products. I know its a little unfair on these film makers but its even more unfair on the people having their land taken, water supplies cut off and a fucking great wall built to keep them from their meagre farms
HannahNoir
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by HannahNoir »

5/10 from me. I had no specific issues with it and it was watchable. I think what I most liked was the smart glasses viewpoint walking through Jerusalem which had nothing to do with horror but was just fascinating!
svengalidonut
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by svengalidonut »

Hamas still refer to the Protocols of the Elders of Zion on their official website.
So, I think we should boycott the Gaza Strip till they take down these references.
Their charter sounds like Himmler's wet-dream anti-semitic fantasies.
killer guinea pigs
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killer guinea pigs »

crap acting from the leads....found footage film.....yawn.

i had a headache when the second half kicked in.

enjoyed the tour and sights of the city which is this films gimmick but when the shakey camera kicked in and we couldnt see anything what is the point.

how could they lock that guy up in a mental institute just for freaking out slightly ?

the found footage through the eye wear was good but where can we go after this.......eye cam through medical biometrics....could work.

more plot holes than a bullet riddled zombie......just for the record i asked my friends to name the best found footage films ever and we came up with only four.............

blair with project, chronicle, cloverfield and rec one and two...ok thats five.....should be say goodbye now to found footage as we will never see any other great ones........

hold whats this film about....the visit........cant wait....i think !
spasticus77
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by spasticus77 »

Afflicted was good. Enjoyed exists although not totally found footage. Although i thinkfound footage isnt the correct term for some of them as found footage is more of a plot description, surely its more handheld film or First person perspective film (FPP) Its not so much the style thats gotten old its that its too easy for filmakers to just run around the woods without putting an original idea in.
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

spasticus77 wrote:Afflicted was good. Enjoyed exists although not totally found footage. Although i thinkfound footage isnt the correct term for some of them as found footage is more of a plot description, surely its more handheld film or First person perspective film (FPP) Its not so much the style thats gotten old its that its too easy for filmakers to just run around the woods without putting an original idea in.
I agree with spasticus77 here, this was not a found footage film, the events played out 'live' to the viewer through FPP using the gimmick of the Google Glass.

You would of thought by now though you would all be adjusted to films with shaky camera and low 'stylised' lighting, I accept it now for what it is and I get on with hopefully enjoying the film (vomiting in an original Blair Witch screening adjusted me from the off).

This was not so bad, I felt the set up was perhaps too long but it was ambitious and when the gate to hell opened it kept a good pace. Would I watch it again? perhaps not, did I enjoy seeing it as part of the festival, yes I did.

Although I did wonder
Spoiler:
how the google glass stayed attached to the head and eyes of the winged beast of hell that Sarah became in the finale... Demon friendly flexible plastic and glass anyone ? ahh Google they really think of everything...
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Edited your post as that looks like quite a big spoiler you wrote at the end!
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

DJBenz wrote:Edited your post as that looks like quite a big spoiler you wrote at the end!
My Bad... Thank you!
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

I liked this...the google glass view thing worked for me ( its not recording all he time so the obvious battery running out flaw is forgiven!) the way it captures all the mayhem through that view is great!
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

I absolutely loved this. Normally wobbly cameras drive me insane, but the way this was done didn't bother me at all. I thought the glasses idea was good. I was well into this from start to finish so I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the acting was good and there were some really creepy moments. My favourite film of the day hands down. After seeing Worry Dolls which was total crap and III which looked nice, but bored me as not much seemed to happen, Jeruzalem was a breath of fresh air. All the people I was with who came to see it also really enjoyed it. 10/10 for me. :)
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Amazon Prime.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey