Shut In

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Shut In

Post by jonbly »

8/10 - Didn't really buy the ending (why has this incident made a difference?), but otherwise this one worked pretty well.
Stephen with ph
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Shut In

Post by Stephen with ph »

Good stuff, although I was a little distracted by the resemblance of one of the intruders to David Mitchell in a false beard....
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Enjoyable home invasion movie with a few twists and turns, although I'm not fully convinced the final twist really worked - but that's perhaps because my idea that the film was going to turn into a vampire tale didn't happen! It was nice to see an attempt to give a bit more depth to the home invaders than is usual too. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

Really liked the beginning of this, and the twist itself was very cool, making you wonder where the film was going to go with it.

Unfortunately the answer was not anywhere particularly interesting, especially as she was the passive part of the murdery sibling relationship.

The film totally ran out of steam as a result. I think it was a mistake to kill off the nasty beardy guy with the lumberjack shirt and leave the nicer elder brother alive. When he turned nasty at the end it was just totally unbelievable, and I agree that I didn't buy her walking out of the house at the end.

Not bad though.
grzegorz
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by grzegorz »

really good! it could have gone so wrong - home invasion with a twist. but strong acting and plot that doesn't go over the top keep everything at bay. suspenseful, unpredictable and satisfying. liked the ending.

and because of Rory Culkin put a interesting spin on the Home Alone franchise ;)
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

Stephen with ph wrote:Good stuff, although I was a little distracted by the resemblance of one of the intruders to David Mitchell in a false beard....
This also bothered me Phteven .... Sorry Stephen.

I came in after 10 minutes due to the Short film showcase 1 running over a little at the PCC (it was worth it), I did debate whether to give it a miss but I am glad I didn't. It was refreshing to have the house invasion scenario taken in a slightly different direction but I think they could of really gone to town on this, in the end it all felt quite timid and subtle which perhaps is what this film and lead character needed.

After 'Your Next' I mused what would happen if such people were to invade the house of say Patrick Bateman... this almost answered that musing but not quite.
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
Tyrannosaurus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Tyrannosaurus »

The woman in the house was disturbing enough that the situation seemed very dire.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I really liked this, seen so many home invasion movies they all blur into one but this was a reasonable entry into the sub genre
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com