Rabid Dogs

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Rabid Dogs

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Generally OK, but for some reason I spotted the twist coming a mile off. The festival scene didn't really fit (though it looked great).
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Rabid Dogs

Post by sherbetbizarre »

jonbly wrote:7/10 - Generally OK, but for some reason I spotted the twist coming a mile off. The festival scene didn't really fit (though it looked great).
That was the main element not in the original... I still liked it a lot though 8/10
Grimoire
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Grimoire »

The plot twist was in the Mario Bava original. It is the main reason that I failed to find any of the characters sympathetic. Rabid Dogs was clearly very well made but with the emphasis on style over substance it sacrificed any emotional core and as such was a deeply unsatisfying experience. Definitely the weakest of the six films we saw yesterday. A missed opportunity.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Not seen the original, but I thought this version was great! I found the story to be engaging, I loved the style and the soundtrack was superb. Perhaps the story is not the most original, but when it is done this well then you don't mind so much. I had half-guessed the plot twist at the end, but it was a great ending to a fantastic movie! 9/ 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Loved this one. Behind Deathgasm, which was so silly and such an obvious fave for quite a few people, this was one of my picks of the weekend. I completely bought into it, even with its flaws (I found the female character and the tag-along gang member pretty irritating to be honest, but went with it because I really liked the main guy and Laurent Wilson's interaction) - and I didn't actually see the twist ending coming.

Not sure why that final stinger scene was needed, though. It added absolutely nothing!
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on WeDoTv
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey