Deathgasm

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Deathgasm

Post by jonbly »

8/10 - Fun slashstick horror which somehow had a bearable soundtrack despite the heavy metal premise.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Deathgasm

Post by Malky »

Loved it perfect Saturday night film.
deny_conformity
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deny_conformity »

It's the film 16 year old me would have loved, adult me really enjoyed it (though not as much as 16 year old me would have). A very fun film with a great sound track, a real pallet cleanser after Another Me
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

It's essentially the same film as Tenacious D, but with much better gore. Likeable fluff.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Completely mental but worked perfectly in the late night shot
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

One of the festival highlights and if you are a metal fan then you can add 1 to my score - but if you're not then there's still plenty to enjoy with humour, gore and freshness to the story, despite it channelling the likes of Peter Jackson's early movies. Great late night fun. 8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
anaana
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by anaana »

Loved the film. Not really a metal fun, but really enjoyed the score and what it did to the film.

8/10
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

As a fan of both horror and metal, albeit a generation (or two) older than the characters in the film, I was looking forward to this.

It wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped but it was certanly nowhere near as bad as I'd feared. The musical aspect never really convinced but the film was certainly good fun. The director hit a few bum notes by killing off some villains before they'd really done anything, and by wiping out some of the good guys without giving them big (or poignant) death scenes.

I think for comedy-horror to really work the tension shouldn't be relaxed as often as it is in a "serious" film - comedy-horror needs to build momentum and just keep on going, Braindead being the ultimate example. Deathgasm didn't quite get there, but it's a good effort.
Tyrannosaurus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Tyrannosaurus »

The only flaw was that the "recapitation" was quite early and nothing topped it.
MrD
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by MrD »

I loved this! It was so good :) very funny, saw some things I'd never seen before for unique truly Metal monster death scenes.

Characters were funny and sometimes despicable and pathetic in ways that only added to the general feel of teen angst and often later hilarity in a shower of gore and thrashing tunes.

great q&a after. More of this please 8) will watch this again, will own it and share it with others.

4.5/5