Road Games

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Road Games

Post by jonbly »

8/10 - Pretty solid game of 'Who's the killer', though a couple of extra characters might have helped. As is, it's a bit too easy to guess...
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Road Games

Post by scarebear »

I absolutely loved this movie. Best of what I have seen so far. Superb cast, great story, and kept you guessing.

Love the after credits bit as well!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Sad to say that the twist was signposted too early on (or at least something that started me thinking) so the ending was no surprise. Also really hated the exposition conversation that covered why Barbara Crampton didn't have an English accent despite supposedly being English according to hubby. And don't get me started on her lack of French inflection for someone who's supposedly lived in rural France for years.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

An entertaining hitchhiker cum mansion movie that keeps you on your toes.
Spoiler:
I didn't really see the twist coming - I thought they were all going to be serial killers, ending in a bloodbath - it didn't quite turn out like that but enjoyable nonetheless.
8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Entertaining, good music, good acting, beautiful scenery. I felt like it had a lot of the same feel as And Soon The Darkness, and it's a very pleasant film to watch, but it's too reliant on a big twist that it hammers in a bit too hard, so doesn't really come together at the end.

The problem with the twist is that it wasn't really possible to sustain it all the way through.
Spoiler:
It's a little too obvious with the clues - Jack staying in an obvious children's room (complete with rocking horse!), despite Mary saying they didn't have children; Jack locking the door (in close-up) yet Veronique comes in without a problem. It became obvious to me that the three of them were a family engaged in some elaborate falsehood and were all accessories to the hitch-hiker deaths. After that it's just a matter of filling in the blanks to realise that Veronique is the crazy one and the others are covering up for her.

5/10
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

DJBenz wrote:Also really hated the exposition conversation that covered why Barbara Crampton didn't have an English accent despite supposedly being English according to hubby.
I know, why not just have Grizard say that she was American?
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

An enjoyable "whodunnit" but a bit mild for this festival I thought. I was also expecting a final twist of the young lad turning out to be another psycho on the run but it didn't arrive, which was almost a surprise ending in itself. Solid if unspectacular. Nice locations though.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Good enough film for me but probably didn't need to be at frightfest, maybe if Barbara Crampton wasn't in i, it wouldn't have been. Liked the movie however and build up throughout the film
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Very enjoyable and well performed.

Thought pacing was a bit of but it was shot wonderfully, sadly I spent too much time being irritated by the Jack character and falling in love with Joséphine de La Baume.
Tyrannosaurus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Tyrannosaurus »

Lots of effective potential for threat but in the end it just didn't measure up.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

TheDukeAbides wrote: falling in love with Joséphine de La Baume.
you and me both m8y.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
MrD
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by MrD »

I wasnt really fussed about this one going in. How pleasantly surprused I was by the end! I really enjoyed the ride :)

Joséphine de La Baume stole the film. I couldnt look away or not pay attention. Everything in her performance had something to look for or listen to and I loved the difficulty and exclusion the male protagonist suffered with his lack in understanding what was being said in French. It actually portrayed his reasons and reactions well based on his limited knowledge of what was being said around him.

Frederic stole the q&a experience marvellously that was fun and enjoyable listening to the director and cast.

I recommend this as a good film to certainly see at least once. Would I watch it again? Yes. Would I enjoy it as much? I'm not sure.

4/5
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on FreeVee, Shudder and Icon.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey