Scherzo Diabolico

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Scherzo Diabolico

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - I didn't really believe in the last act here, that she'd be able to accomplish everything she did (however crazy). Musical theme worked well and made it memorable.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Scherzo Diabolico

Post by HeadOnAStick »

One of my candidates for best film of the weekend, a strange Mexican Oldboy.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Really liked this was very well executed seeing the main characters whole plan unravel in the last act. Lovely music as well.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Loved this gripping tale with elements of seediness that may not appeal to all, but suited the story, which builds to a satisfying, blood spattered conclusion. One scene in particular is devastatingly brutal, amid a number of well executed sequences. 9 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

I've liked most of Bogliano's other films, but this felt like a massive step backwards from Late Phases for me.

The whole thing felt really amateurish, and the kidnap plot to get the top job was contrived and deeply stupid. Where did he suddenly get all this money from to get expensive apartments, mistress pad etc. ? He can't have been that well paid, their offices were a shit heap and there was no implication that he was embezzling money.

The third act where the daughter went totally psycho for seemingly very little reason, instantly worked out who the kidnapper was for no reason, could break into anywhere, access anything totally undetected, and bump off hardened criminals at the drop of a hat was ridiculous, but at least a bit more fun.

I did nod off a little bit at the beginning but don't feel like I missed anything fundamental, I guess i'm just not sharing the love on this one.

Don't leave kidnap videos and pics of you shagging the office secretary on an unencrypted work laptop kids !
HannahNoir
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by HannahNoir »

7/10 from me. It was set up with realism but you had to stretch your imagination a bit in places (e.g. the music sending her suddenly postal like a programmed military experiment) but it was a good revenge film which I didn't see it turning into. I like that she went nuts and just killed everything in a kick-arse kinda way at the end.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I liked Late Phases. I liked Here Comes the Devil. I.... slept through Cold Sweat. It was hard to believe this was made by the same person.

It did occur to me that this was a parody.... for some reason the director decided to go back to Mexico and make a film which intentionally looked like it was shot on a camcorder in 1988 with a cast of telenovela actors, an improvised script and a budget of $3,000. But I suspect that's just wishful thinking.
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

It was brilliant
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

The Soapmaker wrote:It did occur to me that this was a parody.... for some reason the director decided to go back to Mexico and make a film which intentionally looked like it was shot on a camcorder in 1988 with a cast of telenovela actors, an improvised script and a budget of $3,000. But I suspect that's just wishful thinking.
I thought that too, but that was one of the things I liked about it. It got dafter as it went along, but I still enjoyed it and the silly story coupled with the retro look was a big part of the appeal for me.