Night Fare

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Night Fare

Post by jonbly »

8/10 - Not really sure about the ending to this one... which couldn't help but feel tacked on (as admitted to in the Q&A). And not really sure that the full reveal of their history helped, either. Less might have been more, here...

But the three main performances are all good, and the films rolls along nicely.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Night Fare

Post by HeadOnAStick »

One of my favourites this year. Fast pace, cracking cinematography and a neat plot that kept twisting all the way to the end. Just about the most watchable film I've seen recently.
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

This was my favourite of the whole festival. Loved it, even the manga ending. And when you consider how little money they had to make the movie it's even more impressive. 9/10.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

My fave this year in what was otherwise a rather disappointing collection of films.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

A moody and stylish French thriller (yes, another one!). Very enjoyable even if it does stretch belief in a few places. I would have scored it even higher but I was unsure about the ending, going off on a tangent that feels out of context with the rest of the movie (unless I missed the hints?). It will be interesting to see if the ending grows on me as I digest the fest over the next few weeks. 8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Alex J wrote:I would have scored it even higher but I was unsure about the ending, going off on a tangent that feels out of context with the rest of the movie (unless I missed the hints?).
The director admitted in our screening that the ending was written after the main bulk of filming had finished...
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

Definitely one of my favourites of the fest.

I really liked the ending. I know it doesn't make total sense, but it was way more interesting than them having a boring scrap with the taxi driver in the abandoned warehouse at the end. What they did (for me) made it much more interesting and memorable.

The dead body behind his car when he took the covers off at the beginning was a bit of a red herring though.
Tyrannosaurus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Tyrannosaurus »

When that girl appeared and then escaped, suddenly she was front and centre, and I was very worried turn annoying by
Spoiler:
being another example of killing off the characters the movie is actually about just to rehash the final girl cliche again.
Fortunately it wasn't.

As for what did happen, the characters weren't the most relatable to be honest, and despite this movie being quite good and Curve being better than the average Hollywood horror by a lot, its still unfortunate to have to say its worse than an example of Hollywood horror.
MrD
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by MrD »

I enjoyed this. A few bits were a bit misleading or ref herrings as to the nature of the beast stalking the two main characters. But what a beast of a man! So calculating, savage and relentless with no words.

wasnt sure on the main characters. Liked them, Hated them, liked them, hated them again but enjoyed the chase and watching others get caught up in the often brutal insanity.

Liked the manga, didnt like the end. But not bad enough to write off the film in anyway. Great to see them there too.

3.5/5
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on FreeVee and Shudder
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey