Curve

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Curve

Post by jonbly »

6/10 - Started to lose interest a bit through the second act, but the third act was nice and lean and partially redeemed this one. Just took too long to get there...
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Curve

Post by HeadOnAStick »

I quite enjoyed this one, tremendous leading lady and a good rhythm to the tale with a satisfying payoff at the end. It must have been an interesting script when first sent to the director, very little dialogue, lots of physicality.
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by 27052014 »

One of my 4 favourite movies of the whole festival.
I had a weekend pass.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Gripping The Hitcher style menace before an ending that was probably the only way to really end the film, even if it was a little clichéd. But the game of cat and mouse beforehand was enthralling, despite or perhaps because of being set within the confines of a car. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Tyrannosaurus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Tyrannosaurus »

Interesting that Blumhouse Studios actually did something different for once. The only major problem is that the events that lead to the protagonist getting revenge are very contrived. Probably would've made more sense to if they left it at her survival. Apprently he
Spoiler:
took the cop to his torture shack despite life-threatening weather, there's another girl still alive there so the situation can mirror the protagonist's situation... or something... and he killed his new victim immediately but kept the old one alive so that, again, her situation mirrors the protagonist's.
Also, how do you "get revenge on" an extreme nihilist?