III

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

III

Post by Alex J »

A slow burner with some fantastic visuals and imagery. It probably needed a bit more to the story to make it a great film and I did wonder if something had been lost in translation at the end? Thought the lead actress did a very good job. 7 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
MrsBBC
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: III

Post by MrsBBC »

The location scout deserves a special mention; every location was, beautiful, eerie, perfect.
And what did they say the minuscule budget was 16,000 Euro??? Maybe we misheard.
As you say, a little more story; some more of this priest chap? would not have gone amiss.
Excellent film.
grzegorz
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by grzegorz »

i think they said 50k.

visually arresting, but story wise there's not much to go on about. it had that Tarkowsky-esque long takes where nothing really happens, but supposedly signifies deeper meanings. i thought dialogue was really bad and acting horrible, but it is really impressive debut. i'd love to see these guys working on some solid script.
killer guinea pigs
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killer guinea pigs »

i thought they said 15,000 euro's.

slow burner is the word on this one.

art house type with a good idea about being able to know what the other person is thinking by entering their mind via a voo doo type spell !!

While it was on if you read my mind you would have learned i was thinking about my tea and these seats in the prince charles cinema are lovely !

its only because iam not as intelligent as i should be to enjoy this though....great job on low budget but it wont tear your soul apart or be in the multiplex any time soon.

but for my credit i didnt want to watch demonic by ....cough......james wan !
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

All the best bits were in the trailer. :(
Last edited by BabyJaneHudson on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

I liked the look of this film a lot, but I get the feeling that the positives about this movie rest on the visual appearance more than the strength of the plot. The acting was average at best. I was enjoying it at the beginning, but then it just lost its way and nothing much seemed to happen. I lost patience with it and fell asleep in parts as there was nothing to really keep me engaged. 3/10 for me.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!