Aaaaaaaa!

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Aaaaaaaa!

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Been waiting for this since the preview at last years Duke Party. Various Sightseers/Mighty Boosh alumni star in this comedy where everyone speaks in ape noises. Apparently the original script contained English dialogue - so the actors understood what they were saying - but this was never intended to be used. Despite two of the cast saying it was the funniest thing they'd ever read, director Steve Oram has ruled out a subtitled version, claiming he's "burnt the script"!

The phrase "not for everyone" applies here, but for the most part, it worked for me.

You may have seen some sights on the main screen, but Toyah Wilcox straining to take a shit on the kitchen floor while speaking in ape, wasn't one of them :p
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Aaaaaaaa!

Post by Malky »

This was not for me. I actually tried to take a tactical nap at one point but then the party scene started so that ruined my chance. That being said it was bold, original and had a great ending so it gets points.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

I have to agree. Its not for everyone! I liked it on the premise it was trying to show. That we are all in fact still raw and animalistic in our actions and behaviors and we aren't far removed from that now. Some great performances too and very clever. Steve Oram said in the Q&A after that there was an english speaking script, this would have been interesting to see, but then he also said he wont ever make it public!
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Icon.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey