Trapfest 2015

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
DJBenz
-----
-----

Trapfest 2015

Post by DJBenz »

We had protagonists trapped on a landmine (Landmine Goes Click), in a house (Shut-In), in a cupboard (Inner Demon) and in a car (Curve).

Was 2015 the year of the limited location? :)
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Trapfest 2015

Post by Alex J »

An obsession of the villain(s) of the film with the foetus / baby / child of someone else was also a bit of a recurring trend too! Maybe horror directors have been busy in the bedroom over the last year or so.....
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Also every other film had they grey/silver duct tape... must be in easy supply these days. Not to mention animals dying ( stung, road games, Frankenstein i'm sure there were others)
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

I noticed a theme of a lot of heads being smashed in / stamped on (quite brutally) across a range of films. Also, dogs who actually survived rather than being an early kill!
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

MalJutley wrote:Also every other film had they grey/silver duct tape... must be in easy supply these days.
And they all seemed to find it incredibly easy to tear that tape, which is a long way from the truth.

Maybe there's a trend towards films shot in enclosed spaces, with lots of closeups, so they look good on iPhones....
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

The Soapmaker wrote:
MalJutley wrote:Also every other film had they grey/silver duct tape... must be in easy supply these days.
And they all seemed to find it incredibly easy to tear that tape, which is a long way from the truth.
It was on offer at Aldi recently, maybe they got a job lot.

I always tear duct tape, it's designed to be torn like that. Not, granted, when I'm bound up with it, but once you get a nick in it it's easy to tear.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

DJBenz wrote:
The Soapmaker wrote:
It was on offer at Aldi recently, maybe they got a job lot.

I always tear duct tape, it's designed to be torn like that. Not, granted, when I'm bound up with it, but once you get a nick in it it's easy to tear.
Maybe I just need to work on my technique.