Pod

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Pod

Post by mamawaldi »

I've seen a few negative reviews of this but I thought it was a great little film. Cranked up the tension nicely and you never knew quite what the paranoid army vet was keeping in his basement until they opened the door....

Sadly, when they did the film slid down a fairly well worn path but that aside it ranks as one of the better films I saw at the Fest this year.
bree1981
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Pod

Post by bree1981 »

Totally agree mate, here's a link to my review; letterboxd.com/bree1981/film/pod/
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

I thought this was great, one of my top picks of the fest. The army vet brother and the sister played there roles like they'd had too many red bulls but I liked that, I think it worked well against the more grounded brother character. I also liked the bickering interactions between the older brother and the sister it added a layer of realism. For me this also had the creepiest basement scene of the whole weekend.
8/10
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
Tyrannosaurus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Tyrannosaurus »

The people behaved just like real siblings, which is fairly rare. Honestly one of the better films.
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

Tyrannosaurus wrote:The people behaved just like real siblings, which is fairly rare. Honestly one of the better films.
It really felt like they were getting under each other skin didn't it, this was one of the better films for me also as the characters felt real, whole and even though the film felt short and sweet it really kept me entertained. I saw a few taglines likening it to the X-Files (I really dislike Marketing / distribution departments doing this) and upon viewing I think they got that comparison right.
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on WeDoTv.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey