Goddess Of Love

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
GeorgeCaplin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Goddess Of Love

Post by GeorgeCaplin »

The screening was pretty empty for this one.

Was wondering what people thought as I personally wasn't a massive fan of the film - it had it's moments and plus' but generally it wasn't the sleeper hit I had crossed my fingers for.

However, I spoke to two people that also attended the screening and they were both big fans of it.

What did anyone else think?
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Goddess Of Love

Post by greenzombidog »

I liked it. I always enjoy a descent into madness movie and thought this did it well. The way it started with the paranoia and then got increasingly more obsessive to the point where she had no shame in her desperation was really well done. Some good visual gags to help show how she was losing it. Well shot, great performance from the lead. Not too sure about the ending though, but it didn't ruin the rest of the movie.
8/10.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I thought it was OK. Its main strength was a good central performance from Alexis Kendra. She was co-writer and producer of this, and it's clear that this is showcase role for her, allowing her to display a range of intense emotions. Hopefully it will lead to better roles for her. It's a little unsatisfying overall, with her descent into madness appearing half-hearted at times (the visions needed to be a bit more instense than a weird worm thing and a man in a horse mask), but it moves along at a good pace and I liked the twist at the ending - it was nicely done and added a bit of depth to the story.

It was disappointing to see the low turnout for a world premiere with the star in attendance, though I was expecting it because of how awkwardly it was scheduled: right at the end of the festival, against short films and the buzzed-about Curtain, and ending just a few minutes before the final film started.
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

ChrisReynolds wrote:It was disappointing to see the low turnout for a world premiere with the star in attendance, though I was expecting it because of how awkwardly it was scheduled: right at the end of the festival, against short films and the buzzed-about Curtain, and ending just a few minutes before the final film started.
This and 'Last Girl Standing' were films where there was a very low attendance, which is a shame as they were much better than some of the packed out main screen films I went to at other times, but I understand totally the scheduling of this event must be a nightmare. A lot of this felt cliched and seen previously but equally I felt Alexis Kendra really made the role, we have all had heartbreak in varying degrees and I think her portrayal of the breakdown nailed it.

I felt a lot of sympathy for Venus and her downward spiral which was an original sentiment for the lead she was portraying, nobody feels sympathy for Glen Close's Alex in Fatal Attraction, so I feel the team broke new ground, if only for me.

Given that Alexis Kendra wrote and starred, it made me wonder how much of it was biographical...
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Plex
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey