Curtain

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Curtain

Post by Critter Egg »

I couldn't see any reviews for Curtain yet so I thought I would start a thread.

I didn't go to see this as I though it would scare me or be particularly well made, but I went on the premise that it had the most intriguing wtf plot of the festival, and for me part of FrightFest is seeing these films you won't get a chance to see elsewhere. Yes, it was a low budget movie, but I thought the film makers did really well with the budget they had. I especially liked the portal effect, and the description in the Q&A afterwards on how this created was interesting. I liked the crazy plot of the film and how nothing was fully explained. I get fed up of filmakers explaining every detail now a days, it's good to have a film where the audience can add their own thoughts and opinions.

I have thought about this film a fair bit since seeing it at FrightFest, which is always a good sign. I would recommend it to anyone who didn't see it at the festival (although I think they said it hasn't got distribution in the UK yet), although I would have edited the crazy guy who found the first curtain. Why did he need to be so many levels of crazy?!
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
Tyrannosaurus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Curtain

Post by Tyrannosaurus »

Critter Egg wrote: I get fed up of filmakers explaining every detail now a days, it's good to have a film where the audience can add their own thoughts and opinions.
Agreed. Even worse is when - like like with ghost/demon/alien related fims, even though the subject matter is different in different cultures AND has artistic license used on it in tv shows, movies etc, people can find true facts on the internet very quickly (eg Paranormal Activity 2)

Haven't seen Curtain yet but it sounds like a good (albiet absurd) movie.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Curtain was amazing. Loved it.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Icon.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey