Halloween All-Dayer/Nighter 2015

Discussion on the 2015 Halloween Event
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Halloween All-Dayer/Nighter 2015

Post by bacchus »

I know everyone has barely caught their breath after (in my opinion) one of the highest quality Frightfests in years, and no doubt the organisers are enjoying a well deserved break after such a busy few months preparing, but what films would you all like (hope) to appear at the All-Nighter/All-Dayer this year - assuming it's back ofcourse (don't know if it's been confirmed?).

For me, I'll keep it simple, I really want to see:

The Witch (showing at LFF in a few weeks, so it will be before any all-nighter date and that means it's potentially available..)
Goodnight Mommy (has done the rounds and surprised not to see it at the main event but this would be great too)

I know it's not as easy as "oh we'll have that film, and that one too" due to distribution deals, schedules and a variety of other issues that arise with distributors and whoever else is promoting the film, so those two are really just dream requests.

Otherwise, wouldn't mind seeing:

Bastard
The Dark Below
Green Room (again showing at LFF but would fit nicely)
Martyrs remake
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Halloween All-Dayer/Nighter 2015

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Still hoping to see German Angst. Also, this trailer dropped last week -

LeighM
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by LeighM »

Wishful thinking on my part, but I’d love to see Attack on Titan parts 1 and 2 at the all (day?)nighter as it looks completely batshit. Part 2 will have been released in Japan by then, but I’ve no idea what the plans for a UK release are... probably a quiet screening at the PCC and then straight to DVD.
Creepshow11
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Creepshow11 »

Does anyone know what night this will fall on?
Creepshow11
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Creepshow11 »

Siccin 2? Looks really creepy
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

bacchus wrote:
The Witch (showing at LFF in a few weeks, so it will be before any all-nighter date and that means it's potentially available..)
They can't show something that has a deal with the LFF, hence the Kaboom issue in 2010. It also means its not an exclusive film to Frightfest.
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

EvilAsh wrote:
bacchus wrote:
They can't show something that has a deal with the LFF, hence the Kaboom issue in 2010. It also means its not an exclusive film to Frightfest.
Does it need to be exclusive to Frightfest? There were a few big films this year at the main even that weren't exclusive (I.e weren't premieres) like 'The Hallow' and 'The Nightmare'. Don't think audiences are too bothered by whether its an exclusive as long as its a good film.

Is it set in stone that a film that shows in LFF can't be shown at Frightfest after LFF has finished? Assuming the all-dayer/all-nighter will be around Halloween, that will be 2 weeks after LFF finishes on the 18th. Don't see why that would be an issue for a one-off event.
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

Creepshow11 wrote:Does anyone know what night this will fall on?
The FrightFest website says provisionally Saturday 24th October: http://frightfest.co.uk/frightfest-october-event.html
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

German Angst is on at Grimmfest, so unlikely.

I dont know if there's an 'exclusivity' clause anywhere in terms of the films being new or exclusive to FF, but I do think that logic says people are less likely to fork out for something with a high proportion of films that they've already seen.

I'm waiting for the Celluloid Screams lineup to be announced next week which is (provisionally) the same weekend, therefore if the allnighter is on Oct 24th which one I go to depends completely on if the vast majority of CS films are ones I've already seen at FF/GF in the last couple of months. So I'm definitely looking out for new stuff :).
IndianaM
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by IndianaM »

It Follows was screened by Frightfest after it screened at LFF. So I guess they can screen The
Witch.
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

FranksWildYears wrote:German Angst is on at Grimmfest, so unlikely.

I dont know if there's an 'exclusivity' clause anywhere in terms of the films being new or exclusive to FF, but I do think that logic says people are less likely to fork out for something with a high proportion of films that they've already seen.

I'm waiting for the Celluloid Screams lineup to be announced next week which is (provisionally) the same weekend, therefore if the allnighter is on Oct 24th which one I go to depends completely on if the vast majority of CS films are ones I've already seen at FF/GF in the last couple of months. So I'm definitely looking out for new stuff :).
are you going to grimmfest too then? did you pick your films more wisely than me cos i have managed to see so many that grimm almost isnt worth it now :(

if i had known the grimm lineup a week earlier i would have dodged the hallow, howl, bloodsucking bastards etc and watched things like night fare and sun choke.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Likewise but there is stuff at GF that I missed at FF like The Hallow and We Are Still Here.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

Kris wrote:Likewise but there is stuff at GF that I missed at FF like The Hallow and We Are Still Here.
We are still here at grimm will be my 3rd time seeing it.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

ian wrote:We are still here at grimm will be my 3rd time seeing it.
Apt title then ;)
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Are we correct to think there are just 2 venues for the Halloween allnighter this year, or are the other venues not listed yet simply because details are still being finalised?
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.