Discussion on the 2015 Halloween Event
DJBenz
-----
-----

Halloween Line-Up Announced

Post by DJBenz »

FILM NEWS (UK): Film4 FrightFest announces line-up for Halloween 2015 event

James Purefoy and Olga Kurylenko lead guest line-up

A totally shocking threequel, a haunted house of horrors, demonic possession, claustrophobic tank terror, a head-spinning brutal thriller and a surprise movie…it can only be the Film4 FrightFest Halloween event, which is back at the Prince Charles Cinema on Saturday 24 Oct with six brand new movies, including two World premieres, a European and two UK premieres.

This year’s Shockathon kicks off at 11am with the surprise movies which guarantees a sci-fi cocktail of weird creatures, crude humour and hilarious action. Next up is the UK Premiere of THE VATICAN TAPES, a dynamic, unusual and thrilling exorcism shocker by Crank director Mark Neveldine. This is followed by the World Premiere of THE UNSPOKEN, a chill-orientated sinister ghost story with an insidious sting in its tale. Kicking of the evening with a massive jolt of brutal energy is the UK premiere of MOMENTUM, a break-neck, nerve-shredding violent thriller starring a stand-out Olga Kurylenko & James Purefoy. Our second World Premiere is BELLY OF THE BULLDOG, directed by Nick Gillespie, whose past short films have been shown at FrightFest to great acclaim. We are delighted to welcome him back for his feature genre debut. To complete the line-up prepare yourselves for twists galore, horrific jolts and seat-edged suspense with the European Premiere of I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE III: VENGEANCE IS MINE, which whole-heartedly retains the stunning shock impact of the entire controversial series.

Guests attending include MOMENTUM stars James Purefoy (The Following) and Olga Kurylenko (Quantum of Solace) and from BELLY OF THE BULLDOG, director Nick Giilespie plus key cast, to be announced later.

Plus, we’ll be showing two fantastic shorts, THE CHICKENING, a poultry-infused remix of The Shining, directed by Nick DenBoar & Davy Force and THE PACKAGE, starring Dan Palmer (Stalled) & Tom Gordon. And of course there will be intros, Q & A’s, give-aways and a few special surprises…

Alan Jones, co-director, said today: “Enough with the after dark jitters, caffeine fixes and trying to stay awake through the last movie. FrightFest is always ahead of the curve when it comes to redefining event experiences so here’s our latest innovation. All before midnight you’ll delight in fright with six of the must-see movies of the moment. Carefully selected by the FrightFest team of experts to show exactly where the genre is right now, these six nightmares before Christmas are tales of Halloween you just have to witness”.

Passes for the London event cost £45 and go on sale from Saturday 3 October. To book go online http://www.princecharlescinema.com/even ... hor=zxy123
or call the Prince Charles Cinema on 0207 494 3654
Passes can also be bought at the cinema

FULL LINE UP:

11:00 SURPRISE MOVIE

12:55 THE VATICAN TAPES (UK Premiere)

A concerned priest, two Vatican exorcists and the distraught father of a young girl battle to save her soul after she expresses increasingly erratic and strange behaviour. It soon becomes clear that Angela has been taken over by an ancient satanic force and that she must be quickly purged of evil. But what nobody knows is that the spiritual crusade is not just for Angela - it’s for the entire world as humanity knows it.

Director: Mark Neveldine. Cast: Olivia Taylor Dudley, Michael Peña, Dougray Scott, Djimon Hounsou, Peter Andersson. USA 2015. 91 mins.

15:00 THE UNSPOKEN (World Premiere)

In 1997 the close-knit Anderson family vanished from their home without a trace. No bodies were ever found and no explanation satisfied curiosity. For 17 years the house has remained undisturbed...until now. This eerily expert frightener is further enlivened by terrific performances from ‘Suits’/’Arrow’ star Neal McDonough and SILENT HILL/THE TALL MAN/TIDELAND’s Jodelle Ferland.

Director: Sheldon Wilson. Cast: Jodelle Ferland, Sunny Suljic, Neal McDonough, Jessie Fraser, Jonathan Whitesell. Canada 2015. 90 mins.

17:30 MOMENTUM (UK Premiere)

Clint Eastwood’s go-to cameraman Stephen S. Campanelli turns skilled first-time director with this BOURNE style thriller done with panache and witty super-slick suspense. From its attention-grabbing futuristic bank heist opening to exciting airport chase finale, the breathless cat-and-mouse action never stops as CIA assassin James Purefoy relentlessly tracks glamorous jewel thief Olga Kurylenko for a stolen computer hard drive implicating corrupt senator Morgan Freeman in a terrorist plot. Kurylenko is terrific as the criminal mastermind enduring torture with a smile and inventively avoiding Purefoy’s gleefully evil sadist.

Director: Stephen S. Campanelli. Cast: Olga Kurylenko, James Purefoy, Morgan Freeman, Karl Thaning, Dylan Edy. USA/South Africa 2015. 96 mins.

19:45 BELLY OF THE BULLDOG (World Premiere)

With nowhere else to hide, a group of mercenaries and their prisoners take cover inside a long abandoned Bulldog tank. But, while they try to keep the forces outside at bay, the real enemy is already among them, locked inside the belly of the Bulldog. After collaborating closely with Ben Wheatley on FREE FIRE, HIGH-RISE, A FIELD IN ENGLAND and KILL LIST, Director Nick Gillespie makes his feature genre debut.

Director: Nick Gillespie. Cast: Rupert Evans, Deirdre Mullins, Michael Smiley, April Pearson, Gordon Kennedy. UK 2015. 84 mins.

22:15 I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE III: VENGEANCE IS MINE (European Premiere)

After her harrowing experiences in 2010, Jennifer Hills has taken the name Angela and is now working in an anonymous office job. Attending a rape support group to find closure, she meets feisty Maria Finch and they become firm friends. Then Maria suggests Angela join her in taking revenge by proxy on the abusers they hear about in their secret sessions…This superior sequel is genuinely surprising, consistently gripping, smartly written and brilliantly acted.

Director: R.D. Braunstein. Cast: Sarah Butler, Jennifer Landon, Gabriel Hogan, Doug McKeon, Karen Strassman. USA 2015. 87 mins.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Halloween Line-Up Announced

Post by Bearded Avenger »

I'm unable to go so saw the line-up and thought, "fair enough, nothing that looks interesting."

From the lack of commemts I'm guessing that most people are equally underwhelmed.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

72 seats left.

The format change has created its own problems - £45 for the ticket is fine, but there's another £53 for the trains. Oh, and £224 for the hotel Saturday night...
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

I agree, the allday thing has really added to the cost. I used to love just turning up for the allnighter then getting the train home after stumbling out of the cinema. Now I have to pay for a nights stay in a hotel. I'm a bit disappointed about the change really the allnighter thing always made it feel quite different to the main event aswell. I think the line up is actually quite interesting its just everything else about the event thats disappointing.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

i cant make this anyway but ive seen vatican tapes and i spit on your grave 3 and they are not good.

incidentally, this is the same weekend as celluloid screams in sheffield, and their lineup looks awesome. cant go there either though :|
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

Why is there no discussion about this line - up ?
the house shot her !!!
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Surprise Movie is...

11:00 LAZER TEAM

"If you loved TURBO KID, the Rooster Teeth collective’s first feature will be your new jam! In the 1970s a message comes from outer space. Aliens are challenging humanity to a duel and information is on its way to explain everything. However that mysterious package still hasn’t arrived in 2015 despite the US government remaining on full alert and Earth’s ‘One True Warrior’ constantly training. When the delivery ends up in the hands of a ragtag band of idiots, complete global destruction looks inevitable…"

Director : Matt Hullum Cast : Alan Ritchson, Alexandria DeBerry, US 2015 102 mins

...and now sold out.